Sovereign Rune, is this picture accurate?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jack of All Trades

Sovereign Rune, is this picture accurate?

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I'm trying to find out what the Sovereign Rune looks like. This is the only image I can find. Is there an official source floating around?

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/S/S ... gnRune.jpg

I fixed the link, apparently it likes to be formatted the long way.
Last edited by Jack of All Trades on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Runemaster

Re: Sovereign Rune, is this picture accurate?

Post by Runemaster »

The link's an error but I know what you mean (Done the quiz and saw the rune).

Not reliable. Definitely not.

It's two parallel Unicorn Rune symbols.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Jack of All Trades

Wow. Good eye. I guess theres a reason you call yourself Runemaster.

Here check out this picture.
http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/images/9 ... Rugner.png
The thing I'm unsure of is whether or not this picture is official or not. Anybody?

It's a picture of Barbarossa holding the Dragon King Sword. If you can zoom in you can see an image on the blade of the sword. Is this possibly the sovereign rune, or some design on the blade. I read somewhere that the design is on the hilt of the sword but thats pretty impractical if you think about it. Who puts a rune on the "handle" of a sword. I could see the pommel but its got some sort of gem in it.

Below is a better picture of the hilt and pommel of the sword. It has a dragon's tail wrapped around the hilt of it. When you attach a rune to a weapon it looks the same as it does on the body right? Like a tattoo? It doesn't stay in its crystal right?
http://www.legacyofsuikoden.com/gallery ... Arts_5.jpg
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Well, if you look at the floor of the castle in S2, the symbol is definitely part of the floor. However, when you fight the rune, its an orb with the symbol on it. I would think that on a weapon, like a sword, axe, what have you, that it would be the orb itself as its attached to the item, not actually imbedded in it. But as far as i know there is not official answer to this.
Jack of All Trades

JanusThePaladin wrote:Well, if you look at the floor of the castle in S2, the symbol is definitely part of the floor. However, when you fight the rune, its an orb with the symbol on it. I would think that on a weapon, like a sword, axe, what have you, that it would be the orb itself as its attached to the item, not actually imbedded in it. But as far as i know there is not official answer to this.
I think you made a really convincing argument against yourself. I would think that a castle floor is as much of an inanimate object as a sword is and therefore a rune attached to a sword, a floor, or a body part would very much be flat two dimensional symbol. The fact that when you fight the beast rune it appears as a symbol within a crystal makes perfect sense. A rune not attached to something resides within a crystal. I think we are going to design our own Sovereign Rune, we'll probably create something elaborate like Suikoden 5's Sun Rune. We are going to use a chess theme. It's going to be fun.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Creating a rune sounds great!
You really need to. You can't just asking and guessing the rune. The Sword of Night doesn't seem to have a 'rune' in it.

Anyway, good luck with the rune!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Jack of All Trades wrote:I'm trying to find out what the Sovereign Rune looks like. This is the only image I can find. Is there an official source floating around?

I think this rune symbol is the Unicorn Rune in suikoden 2, or a least thats how suikosource lists it:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/runes.php
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Jack of All Trades

suiko2fan2 wrote:
Jack of All Trades wrote:I'm trying to find out what the Sovereign Rune looks like. This is the only image I can find. Is there an official source floating around?

I think this rune symbol is the Unicorn Rune in suikoden 2, or a least thats how suikosource lists it:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/runes.php
Runemaster beat you to it all ready.

And just to clarify, we aren't creating any new True Runes, just designing the Sovereign Rune and it's child runes.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Speaking of the Sovereign rune...it and the Night rune are the only two runes we've heard of that are actually items or on items as opposed to on the person yes?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

No. The beast rune is on the floor of L'Renouille castle; the Sun rune is almost always on a bust in the palace of Sol Falena; the rune of punishment was on a petrified hand in the Obel ruins; the Blue Moon rune was placed on a pedestal by Sierra until Neclord stole it. Therefore, 6 out of the 18 known true runes are known to have spent at least some time unattached to any person.
Jack of All Trades

The Flame Champion and Wyatt Lightfellow sealed their runes somehow. Didn't Jimba seal his into a sphere of some sort?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Yes. Similar to the crystals in which runes are enclosed when taken out of a human bearer, some have apparently found a way to enclose their True Runes forcefully. In the case of others, like the Sun Rune's bust and the Moon Rune's pedestal, it's probably the True Rune's will to be there... or an accord between the bearer and the Rune.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Jack of All Trades

I'm pretty sure that the rune can find a way to bring a new bearer to it.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I disagree with that. Because look at the Rune of Punishment. It can only snag people nearby. If you die with no one around...rune goes to no one. Kind of reminds me of the movie with Denzel Washington...Fallen? Yeah, that one.

Of course, it could have caused the Queen of Obel to get it...but we don't if that's the case or not.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Jack of All Trades

Icegryphon wrote:I disagree with that. Because look at the Rune of Punishment. It can only snag people nearby. If you die with no one around...rune goes to no one. Kind of reminds me of the movie with Denzel Washington...Fallen? Yeah, that one.

Of course, it could have caused the Queen of Obel to get it...but we don't if that's the case or not.
This entire conversation is based on conjecture but I digress. I believe the Rune somehow caused the queen to go into teh Obel Ruins. Just like I believe the Soul Eater set up the Death of Gremio. I have a feeling the Soul Eater set its eyes on Tir long before Ted's battle with Windy. I believe it may have had something to do with Tir being place under that "weaklling" Kraze, or even possibly Ted being on the Battlefield that led to his adoption by Teo during the Scarlet Moon-Jowston War.

True runes all of this taint of destiny about them. They all represent fate. Its as if they deny men free will. It seems like they all want to do battle with one another, some like the gate and beginning runes even want to do battle with themselves. I think the 108 stars of destiny represent free will. I mean if you find them all you can change the ending of the game right?