Questions about Sun/Dawn/Twilight runes

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Soul Eater

Questions about Sun/Dawn/Twilight runes

Post by Soul Eater »

I've just completed S5, and am not quite sure about the relationships of the runes. I've had a look through the forums and couldn't find anything on this, but apologies if there is already a thread.

So, the Sun and Night runes are true runes. The Dawn and Twilight runes held them together, and when the first two separated, the Dawn and Twilight broke away, but stayed alongside the Sun rune?

If the Dawn and Twilight aren't true runes, what are they?

Is their bond with the Night Rune as strong as that with the Sun rune?

Can they be merged/combined in some way, to form another rune, like Bright Shield and Black sword? Or are they more like the Front and Back of the Gate rune?

What do the runes symbolise? As in, the Soul Eater symbolises life and death, the Beast rune is animal savagery and rage, etc.

Thanks

Soul Eater
Lovecraft_elder

Re: Questions about Sun/Dawn/Twilight runes

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

As far as I know, the Dawn and Twillight Runes are considered signature Runes, just like the Ressurection or Pale Gate Rune. However, these two Runes are unique since their powers exeed that of a "normal" Runes, and since they are one of their kinds. According to the legend, the Dawn Rune and the Night Rune weren't there to begin with, but they were what remained after the bond between Sun and Night broke - they are the fragments of the bond. These two Runes remainded with the Sun Rune since they had some of its powers, and to stay as its guardians.

Their bond with the Night Rune aren't properbly as strong as their bond with the Sun Rune.

Nope, as far as we know, these two Rune can't be combined to create any greater Rune. Their spells, however, can be combined, and once a bearer of it wears these two along with the Sun Rune, he or she gains complete control over the Sun Rune.

Hope that answared your question. : )
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I'd like to ask a question too. I read on a topic before that you won't go schizo with the Sun Rune when you possess the Twilight and Dawn Runes.. Is it true?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Hmm.. maybe the Dawn and Twilight runes broke off from the Sun rune when the Sun and Night separated. This could explain why the sun rune is unstable, because it is incomplete, and why it comes under control of the bearer of the Dawn & Twilight runes.

In a future game it'd be cool to see someone with the Sun rune on their head and the Dawn & Twilight on each hand.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

i am answering this based on my own interpretation of the runes' powers

Dawn Rune = Purity

Twilight Rune = Disorder/Chaos
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Ohh.. And one more question(sorry Souleater):
It is said that all TRs have equal power. Does it mean that the Sun Rune, accompanied by its child Runes, becomes more powerful that other TR's??

OR does the Twilight and Dawn add some power to the Sun Rune or is it just that they prevent u from being schizo?

thanks.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Runemaster wrote:Ohh.. And one more question(sorry Souleater):
It is said that all TRs have equal power. Does it mean that the Sun Rune, accompanied by its child Runes, becomes more powerful that other TR's??

OR does the Twilight and Dawn add some power to the Sun Rune or is it just that they prevent u from being schizo?

thanks.
No problem.

I was thinking that as the dawn and twilight runes broke away from the Sun rune, maybe they are really part of it, so it is only a complete True Rune when they are all together... and this explains why it is unstable. When it is on its own it is not at it's full power... because while it has 100% of its raw force, it lacks control.

That's just my theory though.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

it's also possible that the Sun Rune's power is innately obsessive thus driving the bearer to a power rage

and that the Dawn and Twilight are just byproduct of the separation of the Sun and Night

think of it as energy released when atomic bonds break
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

@Souleater

Nice... that's really possible.

but I'm still unsure if Dawn and Twilight intensifies Sun's power. And that's also not fair to count the three Runes as only one: lack of extra space for other Runes!!!! XD
Caim

Post by Caim »

Hopefully we might learn more about the separation of the sun and night runes in Suikoden Tierkreis. The way the animation looks it almost like is more ancient then the current games like 5
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I made a very good theory on this quite some time ago

Bassically the Night rune is like the Father and The sun rune was the Mother and the Dawn and twilight runes are the children....Daddy left and in order to keep mommy stable the dawn and twilight runes must be around her at all times

now my theory was WAY more detailed LOL but you should get the general idea
Caim

Post by Caim »

maybe the sun and night runes where so powerful that they had to be sealed in some way for the night rune got sealed or sealed itself into the star dragon sword and the sun rune had the dawn and twilight runes to keep it from making the world into a fireball .
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Caim wrote:maybe the sun and night runes where so powerful that they had to be sealed in some way for the night rune got sealed or sealed itself into the star dragon sword and the sun rune had the dawn and twilight runes to keep it from making the world into a fireball .

the old book makes it very clear that the Night rune simply decided to transform itself and leave,it was all the Night runes whim....it left the sun rune for its own reasons and as such the sun rune makes the bearer insane unless the dawn and twilight runes calm it down

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned heh?