The Sun Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Author

The Sun Rune

Post by Author »

I never played S5 but I watched it in Youtube. I might have missed, but why didn't the Sun Rune worked on anyone when Arshtat was able to bear it? Does it also chooses its owner?
Runemaster

Re: The Sun Rune

Post by Runemaster »

I'm pretty sure it chooses its owner since even Jeane wasn't able to equip the rune on Lymsleia.

And you've been spoiled. :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's a true Rune, of COURSE it choses its bearer.

Additionally, most of the time, the Sun Rune isn't worn by anyone, if I remember correctly it lies in a shrine together with the Dawn and Twilight Rune.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

looking away from a potentially off topic post by TPAM

Arshtat do not desire to use the rune even more o even bear it

the rune to an extent has a will of its own

in other words, the rune bypasses its bearer's will to execute its own actions

Arstat was acting as a supressor for this rune

that's why the targets are limited, most likely because Arshtat held back

if you wanna know why the rune is on Arshtat, just ask

offopic:

its not that the rune handpicks its bearer, in this case the Sun Rune is exclusive only for Falenan Royalty
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the game reveals the bearer of the rune must be bathed by both the dawn and twilight runes, otherwise its impossible to bear it and or control it
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I thought you just needed to be the Queen to bear it...
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Nah, that's way Lym couldn't bear the Sun Rune.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Redheim wrote:I thought you just needed to be the Queen to bear it...
That is stated in the game, but I'm sure that's just Falenan myth. True Runes can choose there bearers, but I've never seen another Rune choose someone based on their title or status.
PSN: FreshMetal80
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

freshmetal wrote:
Redheim wrote:I thought you just needed to be the Queen to bear it...
That is stated in the game, but I'm sure that's just Falenan myth. True Runes can choose there bearers, but I've never seen another Rune choose someone based on their title or status.

its stated in the game that in order to bear the sun rune you have to bath in the dawn and twilight runes,this is why lym's ritual has her go into the dawn room..because its real purpose is so she can be bathed in its light so she can bear the sun rune
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I read somewhere that during Arshtaht's ritual, she beared the Dawn and Twilight runes for a short period of time. So it's not so much as being bathed in the light of the runes, but to weild them for an extended period of time.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hmmm the game didn't say anything about Lym bearing the Twilight Rune even for a little while...

at least in my memory that is...

i just remember that the Queen is required to be 'blessed' or 'bathed' by the runes power

actually i think the bathing part only happened in Lunas

so i don't think we should be mixing the two terms together
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Mio wrote:hmmm the game didn't say anything about Lym bearing the Twilight Rune even for a little while...
During the "Purification Ritual" the Princess of Falena, bears the Dawn Rune on her right hand, during her journey to Lunas. Then during her "Engagement Ceremony" she bears the Twilight Rune on her left hand. After becoming the Queen of Falena, the runes are returned to their respective palaces. Only then can she bear the Sun Rune should the need ever arise.

And Lym didn't bear the Twilight Rune, cause it was given to Alenia to help surpress the Prince and his Army. Even if Lym DID weild the Twilight Rune, it wouldn't help much, seeing as how the Dawn Rune was missing during her "Purification Rite"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Avalionis wrote:
Mio wrote:hmmm the game didn't say anything about Lym bearing the Twilight Rune even for a little while...
During the "Purification Ritual" the Princess of Falena, bears the Dawn Rune on her right hand, during her journey to Lunas. Then during her "Engagement Ceremony" she bears the Twilight Rune on her left hand. After becoming the Queen of Falena, the runes are returned to their respective palaces. Only then can she bear the Sun Rune should the need ever arise.

And Lym didn't bear the Twilight Rune, cause it was given to Alenia to help surpress the Prince and his Army. Even if Lym DID weild the Twilight Rune, it wouldn't help much, seeing as how the Dawn Rune was missing during her "Purification Rite"
the ritual is that the princess gets blessings from both runes, not that she wears them.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

KFCrispy wrote: the ritual is that the princess gets blessings from both runes, not that she wears them.
If I can ever remember where exactly I read that the princess bears the runes for a short period of time...I'll be sure to post them here...but until then, we'll just stick with the "blessing" idea to avoid confusion and strife.