Card Stories GBA: What's with the silver cards?

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
GrymReaper

Card Stories GBA: What's with the silver cards?

Post by GrymReaper »

What's the deal? I can't see any difference between the silver cards and the regular cards. Do they do something special? Can I use a silver and regular card in one battle? Are they just there for collecting madness?
zaltabor

Re: Card Stories GBA: What's with the silver cards?

Post by zaltabor »

GrymReaper wrote:What's the deal? I can't see any difference between the silver cards and the regular cards. Do they do something special? Can I use a silver and regular card in one battle? Are they just there for collecting madness?
I'm guessing you might have found out by now but just in case you haven't the silver cards are special cards and yes they have quite a few differences (some of which are as follows):

McDohl, Annabelle and Gorudo's silver cards are characters and can be used on missions as opposed to them just being masterminds. Do bear in mind though that if an opponent you face uses one of those characters as a mastermind your silver card version of it will be unique.

Several silver card characters have now become leaders which they were not originally. Examples of this include Mukumuku, Bardeaux, Adlai and I'm pretty sure Neclord is as well.

Several silver card characters now possess runes which they didn't before. Examples of this include Bardeaux, Killey, Neclord and Luca.

You can use both silver and regular cards in battle. Not every character has a silver card but take it from me if you get a silver card of one of your favorite characters then use the silver version instead.

The most important thing about virtually all the silver cards is that virtually all of them have stat increases.

For example:

Neclord's normal card only has an attack of 5 whereas Neclord's silver card has an attack of 5, a military strength value of 1500 and I'm pretty sure he might even have a building value too.

Flik's normal card only has an attack of 3 and a military value of 1000 but his silver card has an attack of 5 and a military value of 1500.

As far as I can remember none of the silver card's texts are changed with the exception of the mastermind characters who have become characters as they gain texts.

I had a virtually complete deck of silver cards (along with some plot twists and locations) which worked excellently against most of the opponents.
GrymReaper

Post by GrymReaper »

Wow, they're unique? So, like, could use McDohl against McDohl? Can I use both versions in one battle if I have them? That would be awesome!

I still wish I could erase those old saves on my cart tho...
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

GrymReaper wrote:Wow, they're unique? So, like, could use McDohl against McDohl? Can I use both versions in one battle if I have them? That would be awesome!

I still wish I could erase those old saves on my cart tho...
Unique is a term in the game when a character is in play (usally one that's placed on a mission when its cleared) and cannot be used for the rest of that game.

What I meant by the silver cards is that if an opponent uses a Mastermind (ie: one of the purple cards) such as Gorudo or McDohl then you won't be able to use your silver version of that character for that game since it is classed as being unique and is in play.

It's the same for any character. If your opponent has, say, Clive in play on a mission for example then you won't be able to use him (ie: he's Unique) unless the mission is cleared and Clive and is not put on that mission (which is termed as being stationed on the mission).