Suikogaiden/Bootdisc

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
miachan

Suikogaiden/Bootdisc

Post by miachan »

Hi, I really need to know somthing! i want to buy suikogaiden and i have a PsOne and i just bought the PS-X-Change 2 bootdisc for my PsOne and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if suikogaiden works fine with the ps-x-change 2? thank you for your help! :)
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hi. I have the PS-X-Change 2 boot disc as well and it works fine with both my Suikogaidens.
miachan

Post by miachan »

Thank you so much! :D
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

zaltabor wrote:Hi. I have the PS-X-Change 2 boot disc as well and it works fine with both my Suikogaidens.
Yes it works fine with most games.

I wanted you guys to know that the PS-X-Change 2 has a problem with multiple disc games, when the game asks you to change the disk and you open the lid the regional lock-out is activated so be careful when playing multi disc games with it.

This can't be avoided unless that game asks you to save before changing discs.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Kya_McDohl

Post by Kya_McDohl »

Arenegeth wrote:
zaltabor wrote:Hi. I have the PS-X-Change 2 boot disc as well and it works fine with both my Suikogaidens.
Yes it works fine with most games.

I wanted you guys to know that the PS-X-Change 2 has a problem with multiple disc games, when the game asks you to change the disk and you open the lid the regional lock-out is activated so be careful when playing multi disc games with it.

This can’t be avoided unless that game asks you to save before changing discs.
where in the world can I get a copy of Suikogaiden? the bootleg that is? *bows* thank you
"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed....."
-Arisu
TrueEightfold

Post by TrueEightfold »

Yes, I intend to buy the Gaiden's and I know where to buy them

Howeer, instead of posting a new topic, does the PS-X-Change 2 bootdisc work with the PS2? And where can I attain one? At that...what it is?
"We did not choose to be the guardians at the gate, but there is no one else"
Jack of All Trades

Re: Suikogaiden/Bootdisc

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Since it's being translated, I intend on buying a legal copy of Suikogaiden Vol. 1 very soon. Since my girlfriend has one of the original PS1s I bought a Gameshark v4 to do the disc swap for it. In theory I should be able to apply the translation patch to the ISO file before burning it to disc to play directly on the PS1. It would normally fail both the authentic game check and the NTSC region check, however the gameshark disc swap method should allow me to bypass these checks. I just need to know, can I play both discs on a normal japanese Suikogaiden game using the gameshark/action replay disc swap method?