Why do the Gaidens freeze if I leave the game on for a while

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Why do the Gaidens freeze if I leave the game on for a while

Post by dragonmasterx »

I've had both volumes freeze on me a few times when I'm looking through dictionaries to try to figure out what I'm reading; but this only happens if I leave the game on standby for a long time and don't press circle.

Although I'd imagine most of you who've played the gaidens can read them fine and don't spend half your playtime looking through dictionaries.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I had that problem aswell. I thought it was just a result of using the exchange disc. You'll get better at reading Japanese over time. Common words will crop up that you will be able to recognise and take the sentence structure into account as to the context and stuff. I am currently studying Kanji level 2, that doesn't necesarily mean that I don't check my notes for level 3 and 4.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I think it might be how your video card reacts to a program go\ing idle in that it fusses when you ask it to kick up again.

And the game is not easy even with some japanese knowledge. There are a number of relatively complicated kanji an unless you are rather familiar with the level 3 and 4 kanji you will rely on a dictionary either to look up or confirm. The game kicks my ass considering I am still terrible at kanji.

As Hugo stated it gets easier with time. Pretty quickly the kana should sink in and you'll see certain basic and incredibly common kanji enough where you will pick it up as well. Eventually that will carry you through many of the more basic conversations while the heavier political portions are prone to being a disaster to stumble through.