Card Stories - Playable or In-depth

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
Fliktor

Card Stories - Playable or In-depth

Post by Fliktor »

I'm thinking of buying the Card Stories game for the GBA. Firstly does anyone know if the Japanese GBA carts will work on the UK GBA. And secondly, how well will I be able to play the game? Will I need to understand the japanese in the game, or is it simply moving from place to place, battling other players?

I'm guessing there'll be walkthrough's on GAMEFaqs, but I'm not sure, anybody know a reliable walkthrough if I don't know what to do in a portion of the game (due to unreadable texts).
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Handheld games have no regional barriers for use, so Card Stories will work fine for you. There is, in fact, an FAQ at gamefaqs, and the game isn't that difficult if you don't know any Japanese. The only thing that is a problem is some of the effects of certain cards.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

I have translated most of the cards (about 95% which includes Vol. 1 all the way through to Card Stories 2 Vol. 4 - the new set with the Suiko 4 characters) including their effects and made it into a document.

If anyone is interested send me a private message.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Wow! Thanks a lot zaltabor on behalf of the entire suikoden fan community....heh.

Anyways, I'd be REAL interested, and no Fliktor you don't need to understand to play as I got through a few levels, mind you it does make it a pain when you get stuck, or the effects of some of the cards. For the most part unless its a number I just guess which card has to be placed, but in short yes you can play. I suggest if you wanna buy get a rom and test it out. You do have the right to check out the game before you buy it (make sure to delete it after 24 hours though......I dun wana be looked on as one to endorse rom downloads heh).

I'll PM you too zaltabor, just in case you don't check this stuff up.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hi everyone. Thanks for your messages regarding the Card Stories Translation. I didn't expect to get so many messages.

I've been really busy lately so I apologise for taking so long in replying.

I figured it would be better to post a message in the forum so that everyone who sent me a private message can read it.

At the moment I am just double checking the document for mistakes and will be going over it thoroughly at the weekend. Then I will double check with Suikosource that I can submit it. For everyone who said that they want it through e-mail I will also send it to them.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Okay, can I ask a question about all this (as I'm a little confused). Card Stories on the GBA just arrived today. In there was the GBA cartridge and three cards (I'm assuming they're normal cards as there were Riou, Tir and Luca). Do you actually need physical cards to play the GBA game?
which includes Vol. 1 all the way through to Card Stories 2 Vol. 4 - the new set with the Suiko 4 characters
That's what made me wonder. If you're supposed to use physcial cards to play the game, how does it work? As you can tell...I'm a little perplexed.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The GBA game is an exact copy of the real card game. You don't need those actual cards to play the GBA version.

Actually, those cards were given away as gifts to those who bought this game in the first place, I'd think. They sure gave you rather nice cards. ;)
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

First off all, tanx a bunch Zaltabor!

Secondly, I'd say those cards are just like patapi said. You know when you open a box of cereal and get a Luca Blight card.....well yea like that.

Fliktor's post does however bring me to a question here. I played the game but for the most part I just pressed the buttons that would allow me to take an action. :oops:

Is there a forum, or site where the actual rules on how to play the game are stated?
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the wait. I'm still in the process of checking the cards. There are a lot to go through.

In regards to the Gameboy Advance game Patapi is correct in that the three cards came free with the game to build interest for the game so people would be the actual cards. It certainly worked for me.

Also, Black Fang, I have translated the basic rules of the card game including an ability list for what ability does what. The ablities are the kanji in brackets. When I have finished checking the cards which will be sometime this week I will send the finished documents to Suikosurce and to the people who requested them to be sent to their e-mail.

Will let everyone know here when I have finished. ^_^
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

Where did you buy you copy from??? I've been trying to get one for awhile.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hello everyone.

Sorry for the HUGE delay. I have been extremely busy the past few months and it has taken me a while to double-check the 1300+ cards for errors.

I have finally finished the document though and submitted it to the webmasters at Suikosource for them to aprove it.

Hopefully there are no problems with it.

Zaltabor
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I may have missed it (and if I have then sorry) but is this list up somewhere or could it be emailed to me. Cheers.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Sorry to push this but is the list up somewhere? Or could it be mailed to me? I could really use and answer. Thanks.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

I would like to have it too, does someone have it or can I find it somewhere?
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hi everyone,

I've been away on holiday and just got back.

To all the people who asked for the translated list I will have to find it. I'll send it to you all within the next couple of days.