possible to play games on computer?

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
kkopischke

possible to play games on computer?

Post by kkopischke »

does anyone know if you can download a program to play the gaiden games on a computer? i am currently in japan and have see one of the games and would like to pick it up. my host family has a ps2, but currectly there is no tranlation and my japanese is still horrible, so by the time i'd be able to play it i'd be back to my american ps/ps2 (ps3 by then maybe? :S). any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

kyle
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

the best ps1 emulator is ePSXe. In some ways, it's better than the real thing. No need to buy a memory card because of multiple save state slots, and faster loading.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Great idea but is it possible to make a game translation????

Even though it would be fan translations it would be better than nothing. Just throwing the idea out there. I'd say a LOT of people would be willing to actually play both Suikogaiden and Suiko Card Games if they could just understand. I don't know a word of Japanese (well thats a lie, I know about 10 or so) but I still played all 3 of those, never far though coz I just can't understand. One other game that stood out for me was the original front mission. Even though I never got the story I could still play due to English translated menu. Is it at least possible to do that so that people could TRY and play through?
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

can you please put links to a epsxe download site , thanx
Last edited by Star of destiny on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Deloseth

Post by Deloseth »

Asking for ROMs is probably the reason your last post here was deleted. Since, y'know, it's against the rules and stuff.

Epsxe can be obtained here though.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Not ROM's. Obviouslly everyone here has the games, and I doubt anyone on the net would be crazy enough to upload a 600mb file just to make some random ppl happy. The Emulator however is perfectlly legal, provided you play your own games and own a ps or ps2 already.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Eao

Post by Eao »

but I don't own the games nor do I understand Japanese.
this dosen't help me at all
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Akira

Post by Akira »

I have the card stories, cant read anything of Japanese, but I still play it and enjoy it everywhere I go. Its really not that hard to understand what to do and how to do it once you sat down and played it for five hours.
Eao

Post by Eao »

but this is the other game. adventures of Nash you know. Its a Text-based story so, well you need to read.

its unfortuate it can't be just, manga-ized into a "chose your own advenuture" story. considering I read if you do, or choose differnt things out comes differ (or somthng about luck and or Karma).

(flip to page 56)
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose