Suikogaiden vol. 3 April Fools

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
Zieg

Suikogaiden vol. 3 April Fools

Post by Zieg »

Hey there...wow, it's been ages since my last post on these boards...
Anyhow, I've recently reintroduced myself to the series by means of watching all sorts of clips connected with it and boy, it's certainly calling up precious memories...

one day it suddenly dawned on me that a few years back (how long ago was it, actually?) the suikosource team made an April fools prank that was to lead the fans into the belief that suikogaiden vol. 3 was in production. This was a collaborative work of a few resident suikosource artists and fanfic writers, if I remember correctly, and personally, I found myself fooled by the whole initiative as well!

My question is, whether the concept art and the plot synopsis of the fake suikogaiden sequel in question are still available for viewing? I can clearly remember an image depicting Zepon throwing a hard blow at Yuber, which was freakin' awesome.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikogaiden vol. 3 April Fools

Post by KFCrispy »

Found the web page, but the images it used were actually hosted on a different server and the URLs are invalid. but here's the text and I've attached 1 image. the rest of the images are likely in our archives but under different names so i can't easily find them...
Gaiden3 April Fools wrote:Suikogaiden Vol.3 Announced
A Japanese game magazine has published an aricle about Genso Suikogaiden Vol.3. The Suikogaiden Series is a back-story which has been released only in Japan. The game itself is not an RPG, but is instead a text-adventure, much like a "make your choice" book. Details about the game have not been released, but seeing that the title is "Genso Suikogaiden Vol.3 -- Prelude to the Apocalypse (Syuumatsu no Pureruudo)" seems to suggest that the game takes place before Suikoden 3.
<The image you can download below would have appeared here>

[image1]Sasarai: I thought it was about time that you paid your dues. / Caption: Bishop Sasarai has been an engimatic character since Suikoden 2. / In Suikogaiden Vol.2, Sasarai did a favor for Nash, which ended up saving Nash's life. Perhaps the quote mentioned in this scene refers to that specific debt. But the nature of what exactly Sasarai is talking about is a mystery at this point.
[image2]Chris: Daddy, are you going somewhere now? / Caption: If Chris is a child, the game must take place before Suikoden 3. / It seems like the girl is a younger Chris, speaking with Wyatt Lightfellow (AKA Jimba). It seems like a farewell scene between the two. Wonder what caused Wyatt to leave?
[image3]Sierra: Oh Blue Moon Rune, by our ancient blood-vow, grant him the blessing of undeath. / Caption: Blood on Nash's sides? What is this "blessing of undeath?" / This scene looks very similar to when Sierra Mikain saved Rean Penenberg from certain death by turning him into a vampire. Apparently, Nash is bleeding in this picture--what can be happening?
[image4]Zepon: Disappear, evil fiend! / Caption: What is the grudge between Yuber and Zepon? / It seems like Yuber is getting his custard kicked out of him by what appears to be Zepon, Lucia, and Wyatt. It even seems like Yuber's armor is quite destroyed. Perhaps this explains why Yuber had no armor in Suikoden 3?
thanks to my auto-spellcheck i noticed a typo "engimatic" but that's how it was written in the doc.
scanlarge2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haha i just realized this request was posted in 2010. but better late than never!
Zieg

Post by Zieg »

Whoa, thanks a lot KFCrispy!
To be frank, I abandoned all hope as regards the request months back :D
Nevertheless, just as you said, better late than never! Cheers
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

I remember back when this originally happened.. I think I saw it after April 1st and didn't immediately realize it was an April Fools (or it was April 1st and I was just especially dense). I thought to myself how it's weird they're doing another Suikogaiden game instead of focusing on a proper sequel. Wouldn't be long before I'd come to wish this was a real game..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Back then we certainly had a lot of fun doing these things.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Vextor do you know where the other images might be?