Kenji

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
JanusThePaladin

Kenji

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I cant find him, Why?
mpieco

Re: Kenji

Post by mpieco »

Well there are two questions that need to be asked.

When are you looking for him?

Where are you looking for him?

He is supposed to appear on the right side of the screen right before you enter Budehuc Castle.

You COULD be looking for him on the previous screen maybe.

Also, you COULD be looking for him too soon/can't recruit yet. In whose chapter are you trying to recruit? What chapters have you previously done?
JanusThePaladin

I'm was in chris ch2 and reading the guide on Suikosource. I just finished Ch2 and he still didnt show up, so I'm thinking i'll have to get him in either Geddoe or Thomas, or he doesnt appear in Ch2 for chris. If the latter is correct, the stars of destiny guide should prolly be edited...
JanusThePaladin

Ok, i found him in Chris Chapter 3! But he was definitely not in Chapter 2, neither was Arthur. This should probably be editted onto the 108 stars page, along with a better explanation of how to get Ayame...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they are available once you tell Thomas you'll tell others about Budehuc Castle. you can definitely recruit them in Chris chapter 2.
JanusThePaladin

Dude, are you telling me that the half hour i spent searching the yaza plains and not finding kenji in chapter 2 is wrong? Am i lying? Or am i simply mistaken? Is that fact that Arthur certainly did NOT appear in Brass Castle during Chris chapter 2 is also wrong? Hmm, i must be blind or retarded or mentally unfit then, if my own eyes and experience dont count.

Or maybe, just maybe, I'm right?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

numerous people have agreed that Chapter 2 is the earliest you can recruit them with Chris... just from saying you spent time "searching" for these guys tells me you probably aren't familiar with the game and likely just didn't go to their fixed spots to recruit them.
JanusThePaladin

What is more fixed then the second part of Yaza plain coming from Zexen forest? Coming from Lakecastle or Iksay it would be the screen you enter on. He is standing on the opposite side from all the rocks. Is that descriptive enough for you? Cuz thats where I found him, in chapter 3, after searching the EXACT SAME AREA in chapter 2. But whatever, i theorize it may have to do with the fact that i ONLY played Chris chapters at that point. He might need an activation by something or other, but appear automatically after CH3. I dont know, all i know is he wasnt there when i was there in CHAPTER 2 but was in 3
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

My memory of the exact chapter is fuzzy at best, but maybe they disappear when one is in the middle of a plot-related sequence? I seem to recall that Arthur has a tendency to do that.
JanusThePaladin

It wouldnt be the first time that characters have done that. I had such troubles in s1 and especially S2, damn hix and tengar.

Anyway, i'll be willing to concede that as a possibility patapi, but if so, i think that should be editted onto the page...

did anyone else have trouble with Kenji?
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

To get Kenji to appear after the first visit to Budehuc Castle, you need to talk to the soldier hiding within Brass Castle Inn.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i doubt that's necessary, since i rarely bothered to speak with NPCs in playthroughs, knowing they don't give anything.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Why not just add that the console needs to be powered on and the disc be in the drive while you're at it?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

maybe you forgot to visit Budehuc before you searched for Kenji
JanusThePaladin

Hmm yes, i started recruiting characters, sending everyone Chris could recruit up to that point to Budehuc castle, without ever visiting it. Sounds quite logical to me.

At the time i was testing a theory that if i played through the game as 1 character and put items into the warehouse i would be able to access them when i played through as another character. The theory was incorrect.

BUt i still hypothesize that Kenji and Arthur do not appear until you've reached a certain chapter with Geddoe and Hugo as well. If i remember correctly, i recruited Arthur with Geddoe.