Kenji

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Kenji

Post by KFCrispy »

Arthur is probably recruitable only after you do Hugo's escape.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Oh, yeah that makes a lot of sense. It doesnt matter which character you're playing with, he'll only be available after you experience hugos escape. Now thats set in stone, but the problem of Kenji still bodes ill.
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Is he useful for Final Battle with Sarah, chapter 5 (Ceremonial Site)?

I'm playing as Chris in Hugo Story chapter 5
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

About Kenji, I tested the theory that you do need to talk to the NPC soldier at the Brass Castle Inn and have visited Budehuc Castle. And I was proven correct about the theory.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

RPG Seeker wrote:About Kenji, I tested the theory that you do need to talk to the NPC soldier at the Brass Castle Inn and have visited Budehuc Castle. And I was proven correct about the theory.
eh?? i don't even recall the soldier saying anything about Kenji or working out. so the only way he appears in the game ever would be after you speak with the NPC at Brass Castle???
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I have never spoken to an NPC or anything to require him to appear. He was just always there.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You need to visit Budehuc Castle first before being able to recruit people. The earliest you could per chapter is Geddoe 1, Chris 2, and Hugo 3.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I recruted him in Chris Chapter 2 after visiting the castle, and he was at the plains right before the castle, I actually always get him with Chris.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Chaco wrote:I recruted him in Chris Chapter 2 after visiting the castle, and he was at the plains right before the castle, I actually always get him with Chris.
that's cuz you can get him near lvl 99 :P
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

He's still useless even at Level 97. :(

Is there any way to actually optimize this character? He has the highest SKL and REP in the game, and yet he's so ineffective in battle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

not really, because he only gets 1 rune slot and he doesn't get a lot of swings, and he's not very strong. maybe with a Balance Rune he can spam his 2x dmg gymnastics attack....
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

that's cuz you can get him near lvl 99
Yep, lol, however he is still pretty weak and I don't like the character himself so I don't often use him....I guess spamming his gymnastics attack could work but there are just so many better characters.
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

actually, i think the best use of Kenji is using his Twister unite, with Juan and Joker. it clears random battles quickly and saves Joker's MP for boss battles. give them all status protection (Yellow Scarf) to prevent them from getting unbalanced. also, pump up Joker's Swing skill just so he adds more damage.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

actually, i think the best use of Kenji is using his Twister unite, with Juan and Joker. it clears random battles quickly and saves Joker's MP for boss battles. give them all status protection (Yellow Scarf) to prevent them from getting unbalanced. also, pump up Joker's Swing skill just so he adds more damage.
Except I don't use Juan that much either, although I have heard he's good.
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Turns out Kathy has to be recruited in order to make Kenji appear - http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 13#p121213