Chapter 5 and the Fury Rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Lezales

Chapter 5 and the Fury Rune

Post by Lezales »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if my only chance of getting Fury runes in chapter 5 was on Mt. Hei-Tou's second corpse. If so, can I use the lottery trick (i.e. saving before looting the corpse) to obtain some?

Thanks in advance
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Chapter 5 and the Fury Rune

Post by KFCrispy »

Yes, that trick will work.
Lezales

Post by Lezales »

After about 20 tries I got my first Fury rune with that method... pretty long. Thanks for the confirmation KFC.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah it's pretty boring to hunt for these random items. i still do it but (it's an addicting habit... i really shouldn't bother) whenever i feel like it , i just load up my code breaker :P
xnostalgiax

Post by xnostalgiax »

I think you can only get 1 fury rune, if you do not get them as random drops from the bronze suns at the ancient highway in hugo chapter 3. Kidd has a "C" in treasure hunt which is the highest in the game, unfortunatley i recruited him with thomas, and im on hugo chapter 3 so i missed out.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you are completely incorrect. you can get unlimited Fury Runes, one source being the Suns in Hugo chapter 3 and the other is the Mt. Hei-Tou bag, which is being discussed in this very topic........
xnostalgiax

Post by xnostalgiax »

If you've already obtained a fury rune from the corpse, is it possible to get another one?

Also, i'm passed chapter 3 and now on chapter 4. Are the bronze suns still even in that area? i thought they changed whenever you went to the cyndar ruins.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can get unlimited Fury Runes from Mt. Hei-Tou. the Bronze Suns are only available in Chapter 3.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I am currently in Chapter 4 and have yet to find a Fury Rune at the Mt. Hei Tou corpse. Is there more than one corpse? Also, how long does it take for the corpses to replenish items?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

there are three corpses in mt hei-tou. my recollection is the fury rune comes from the one closest to the treasure boss. It is a pretty rare drop though, so it may take a seemingly excessive amount of tries to get. Luck in this game seems to be incredible fickle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it takes around 30 minutes to replenish corpses.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Hxc Flavor wrote:Sorry to revive such an old thread [...]
Far from it! If anyone would make use of the search function and use existing, old topics instead of beeing lazy and creating duplicates, we had much less of the same topics over and over again.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Well I try to use it as much as I can, and it's very helpful being able to type in a keyword of whatever question you're trying to get answered to see if it's already been talked about instead of having to post a whole new topic about it and wait for responses!
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."