recruiting research..

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

recruiting research..

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm working on refining the "earliest recruit points" in the Suikoden III recruit section.

-i believe Geddoe may be able to recruit Nadir in Chapter 1, after Ace heads off to do the finances. Geddoe will have to recruit Nei and put her in the party, but i'm worried that walking into the inn will trigger the end sequence of the chapter... does anyone know for sure if you have to walk into the bar/tavern area to trigger the last sequence or will walking into the inn automatically trigger it?

and i'm wondering if Geddoe in the beginning of his Chapter 2 can just leave Caleria (so you can recruit/change your party) with just Geddoe or with Ace and Aila once you pick them up, before visiting the detective.

-is Thomas able to recruit Barts? does Iksay need to get burned down before he is attacked, and if so, does any point in Thomas' chapters allow him to visit the destroyed version of the town?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: recruiting research..

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

- The trigger for ending Chapter 1 is heading to the Defense Force's HQ, which is located in the back of Caleria so you should be fine entering the Inn.

- Iksay will have been destroyed right after the first War Battle in Thomas Chapter 2, if Barts can be recruited it would be then. Unfortunatly I've already recruited him in another chapter so can't try but I don't see why not.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

I don't know if this project is still ongoing, but I've just completed Geddoe's chapter 1, and recruiting Nadir here doesn't seem possible. After Ace leaves your party, if you head into the inn the cinema with Duke's crew will begin, and it lasts until the end of the chapter. On top of that, right before the chapter ends, your party is purged, leaving Geddoe alone before dumping you back at the Trinity Site. I'd say Geddoe ch. 2 would be the very earliest, but I'd have to see when I start playing that section.
Yeah!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

someone brought this up at gamefaqs recently and i tested it out. you definitely can't recruit him. i doubt it's possible to recruit him in Chapter 2 (or 3) either, i'll check that out next.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

KFCrispy wrote: Geddoe will have to recruit Nei and put her in the party, but i'm worried that walking into the inn will trigger the end sequence of the chapter... does anyone know for sure if you have to walk into the bar/tavern area to trigger the last sequence or will walking into the inn automatically trigger it?
Is it even possible to recruit Nei that early? I didn't know their events could trigger in his chapter one, but that may be because of the order in which I do the chapters. I also didn't know you could switch out members in his party that early on.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I often wondered if there was going to be a thread on this because this is exactly how I play the game. I go around and try to recruit everyone as early as possible. Nei can be recruited in Geddoe Chap.1 or Thomas, but earliest is with Geddoe. The order that I played it in (usualy same order for story sake) and as far as chapter 1's go Hugo,Chris, Geddoe, Thomas. Also, unless the game should be played in a different order you cannot recruit Sanae Y in Thomas Chapter 1 like the guide says. I'm guessing that Kidd is suppose to be recruited by someone else because when Thomas first visits Duck Village its always the Kidd recruiting scene that happens and Sanae is inside the house practicing with her spear. After recruiting Kidd I walked out of Duck Village to test my theory and when I walked back in she was still doing the same thing. Then again the earliest Kidd can be recruited, according to the guide, is Thomas chapter 1. So something isn't right, either Kidd can be recruited earlier or its impossible for Thomas to recruit Sanae Y in chapter 1. About Nadir, every time that I've played through the earliest I could recruit him was Geddoe Chapter 2. One, like everyone says above there too many cut scenes that leave you with too many party members or Geddoe alone which doesn't qualify to recruit him and also unless it happened to somebody randomly I don't think I picked up any scripts by Geddoe in chapter 1.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

Kidd can be recruited in Thomas Chapter 1. I've done it myself.

In the case of Sanae Y, I think you need to recruit a certain number of characters before she will be available to recruit. I don't remember the exact number, but it should be somewhere on this site. You may need to play the chapters in a different order to get enough people to get her if you want her in Thomas Chapter 1.

She's not really needed in Thomas's chapters. She can't participate in his war battles and there are a few better party members available anyway. Nei, Toppo, Shabon, Augustine, Koroku, Watari, Twaikin, and Mel are the only ones who can participate in his war battles. Besides, you can't train her well in Thomas's chapters. Thomas has no good places to gain skill points. Since she's not needed by him, you should probably get her with someone who can train her properly.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Hmm, I really didn't know that these people could be recruited so early. It may be due to the fact that Geddoe is my favorite and I do his chapters before everyone else's, though. The good thing about III is that no characters are really missable, unless you choose to abandon the people of Le'buque in Geddoe's chapter III.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Leon481 wrote:Kidd can be recruited in Thomas Chapter 1. I've done it myself.

In the case of Sanae Y, I think you need to recruit a certain number of characters before she will be available to recruit. I don't remember the exact number, but it should be somewhere on this site. You may need to play the chapters in a different order to get enough people to get her if you want her in Thomas Chapter 1.

She's not really needed in Thomas's chapters. She can't participate in his war battles and there are a few better party members available anyway. Nei, Toppo, Shabon, Augustine, Koroku, Watari, Twaikin, and Mel are the only ones who can participate in his war battles. Besides, you can't train her well in Thomas's chapters. Thomas has no good places to gain skill points. Since she's not needed by him, you should probably get her with someone who can train her properly.
Thats exactly what I was saying, I've recruited Kidd everytime in Thomas Chapter 1 and according to the guide it says Sanae Y is also recruitable in Thomas chapter 1. Look at my last post, I left duck village after recruiting Kidd went back in and I still couldn't recruit Sanae. Also, you're right Sanae can't particpate in any war battles but shes still necessary for the 108 and we're talking about early recruiting. I'd have to disagree about places to train because in Thomas chapter 1 he can go into the northern caveren which the monsters and boss will give you sufficient experiance. Again for the sake of early recruiting, the earliest that I've recruited Sanae Y was either at the end of Geddoe chapter 2 or at the beginning of 3.

snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I red a guide that says you need 50 stars to get sena y.

To do this you'd need to get everyone you can in Geddoe chapter 1 and chris chapter 2 Plus eveyrone else in Thomas' chapter.

and also play hugo's chapter 1 so you can get stars for hugo, fubar, and Joe.

I have not yet gotten her as i coulden't get billy and all the people attached to recruiting billy.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow nice to know you're still exploring the game! if possible, please check out the mechanics for making Kenji appear - I didn't see him in my Geddoe chapter 1 but i was only focusing on getting to the end to see about Nadir.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

In Geddoe chapter one, when trying to recruit Kenji, on your first trip to Brass castle go and talk to the knight in the Inn to activate Kenji. Next as soon as Lake Castle is accessible go there and do the whole scene there which will allow you to start recruiting characters. Now before you go to Karaya, unless you decide not fight Borus, go back to Yaza plain and recruit Kenji. If you decide not fight Borus you wont have any problem going back to Brass castle to activate Kenji. I always fight Borus for the challenge and the experiance but like I said if you don't fight Borus you should be able to recruit Kenji alot earlier then I normaly do, like possibly in early Geddoe chapter 1 instead of Thomas Chapter 1 or somebody elses later chapters.

snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Twalkin the dwarf can be recruited in Hugo's chapter 2. ANd i think Guilliem can be aswell as I remember recruiting him in the past and have never played any characters chapter 3.

As for Nadir i have recruited him somehow before chapter 3 with someone but i cannot remember.

I know excluding the current playthrough I never fought Luc at the end of Geddoe's chapter 2. Never started Chris' chapter 3.

And never started hugo's chapter 3

Though I didn finish both of thomas'

as for Kenjin at no point in Geddoe's chapter was i able to enter brass castle i tried at the earliest moments i could.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

you couldn't enter Brass Castle at all during Geddoe chapter 1? really? The chapter starts with everyone in Vinay Del Zexay, Brass should have been one of the first places you could go. The moment you get there go to the Inn talk to the knight about Kenji, a man who beat monsters by cart wheels, and by the end of his chapter you can go to Lake castle which ultimatley allows you to go out and recruit as many characters as possible, then go out and start recruiting and Kenji should be there for the taking. I've only been able to recruit Giullame in Hugo Chapter 3. I know you can fight him with either Hugo or Geddoe in Chapter 1 back in Vinay Del Zexay but as far as I know he doesn't appear in the underground highway until 3.

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes Brass Castle's inside is accessible at the beginning of Geddoe 1.

that reminds me of some questions i had... what if Geddoe visits Budehuc for the first time in Chapter 1 AFTER Ace leaves his party in Caleria? Geddoe's very first visit to Budehuc normally has the scene where Ace and the rest of the gang speak, and Jacques is admiring the breeze on the boat. So what happens if Ace is gone..

I'm really surprised you have to talk to that guy at Brass to unlock Kenji but i'll give it a shot and test my question about Ace leaving...
i wasn't aware if you do not battle Boris that you get to access Brass Castle... that's actually a nice touch and very useful!

speeding through Geddoe 1 reminds me of how hard battles can actually be. even though i used Codebreaker for infinite money to buy the best equipment (maybe not the "best" defensively, but lots of Belt of Strengths!) and weapon upgrades, i still got my ass handed to me by illusion Chris, and Boris beat me as well, forcing me to start the Chris battle over (cuz i hadn't been saving), and she kicked my butt again! i don't remember needing it in the past, but I think a Water Rune is going to be a must next playthrough.

i don't recall Hugo being able to recruit until Chapter 3.......