Watari Special Rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Watari Special Rune

Post by KFCrispy »

There is a rune that's in the game that you can't get normally (use a cheat device / hacking) called the Watari Special.
i never tried it but now i just did.

There's no animation for the rune attack.. you choose a single target, then he just has the "using a rune..." animation then the enemy flashes whitish quickly, damage pops up, and Watari is Unbalanced. it seems to do double damage.

.. that's all. I guess it would have been useful for him considering he had 2 other runes he could stack damage with, and not much of a critical rate and no Continual Attack (so it's not really better-off to just attack for 2 rounds). plus, with a Balance Rune (and Double-Strike or something), it becomes a no-brainer to use it all the time.

this rune would have actually made Watari far more powerful, actually....

oh, and one more thing: if you are putting the rune on Watari, don't remove it, it sorta glitches your inventory. for me, it duplicated a bunch of items (which was actually fine) but the Crystal / inventory version probably doesn't exist in the game, so you might get all kinds of problems.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Watari Special Rune

Post by patapi »

Too bad that it unbalances him, otherwise it would have been this game's Falcon rune equivalent.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

well, like KFCrispy said, he gets 3 free rune slots. So you throw a Balance on there along with a Fury or Double-Strike rune, and Watari is a damaging machine. He'd be quickly vaulted into one of the top 10 damage dealers with that set-up.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ayame already has an unlimited use 2x damage attack with the Shrike Rune, but her Swing is B+ while Watari's is A, she gets 1 free rune slot while Watari has 2, but Ayame's runes being able to combine for 4x damage brings her and Watari to pretty much the same level... Watari with the Watari Special could easily do 6x damage with Double-Strike and Fury, but without it his best bet is Double-Strike, Fury, and Warrior, which ruins his ability to dodge and probably only adds around 40% to his attack... so he ends up only dealing slightly more than 4x damage as well but likely has 1 more swing than Ayame.

However, Ayame also gets to abuse her powerful, fast, unlimited-use unite with Landis, giving her more mileage. Watari really needs the Watari Special to match her when you consider this. Then, for random encounters, Ayame can be paired with Watari for their great group unite, and when Ayame pairs with Landis for bosses Watari can keep up.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hmm... this is the first I have heard of this, and the game's been out like five years now. XD

Interesting to know this... they should have had that special rune. I agree it would have made him more powerful.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think i had mentioned it before when looking at the item digit codes but never really tested it out. i know i had added it once and found it had no animation but i didn't really pay attention to the effects of the attack.