Using the lottery trick method on the treasure bosses...

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Using the lottery trick method on the treasure bosses...

Post by KFCrispy »

the first time you beat the boss, the items are always the same set; they are not random.
Lezales

Post by Lezales »

I obtained a Gale rune from the Ghostknight in North Cavern and a Water Ring from the second corpse in Flame Champion Hideaway in between this post and my last post. I just wanted to confrim both work with the lottery technique.

I can't put a pattern on the treasure chest; Mega Medecine C and D with a variety of Armors and Helmets ranging from Worn-Out to Premier often accompanied by a ?Statue and rarely runes.

Thanks to KFC for his saving tip for the second corpse in the FC Hideaway.
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Resurrect old topic!

I've been doing some experimenting with the Azzodess chest (soft resets, elapsing time, etc.) and I'm starting to think there maybe some sort of "trigger" for treasure.

In all my work I've only managed one Fire Magic Ring, yet I have like eight Stones of Evasion (three with Hugo, four with Chris, and so far, one with Geddoe).

Either that, or maybe there's a glitch.

I've fought her probably 50 times collectively. So, unless the appearance rate of the Ring is stupid low, than there's something else going on.
Uh Oh
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the better items are generally very rare. i didn't see any kind of pattern, except in general if you've played the game for a while and haven't visited a treasure boss, it seems to give better items overall (but maybe not the super-rare ones like Fire/Earth Magic Rings) - instead of a bunch of "rusty" chainmails you'd get "new" chainmails or something like that.

it's possible to score several Fire Magic Rings in succession, but in the same game i've also had droughts where i spent hours reloading to get the next one. that's the problem with randomization!
Broki

Post by Broki »

How many Magic fire rings can one attain? Unlimited amount? Can anyone note a personal max amount they have?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

technically it is unlimited, however it is only available for a limited time, like the lightning magic ring. you can get it by beating the treasure boss in the flame champion hideaway, but only at the end of chapter three(doesn't matter whether it is chris, geddoe, or hugo). I've personally gotten as many as 4 fire rings, and getting two isn't particularly hard, even though it is a random item, just by making sure you fight the boss before ending each character's third chapter. getting more isn't really necessary, unless you are trying to play around with characters in odd ways.
Broki

Post by Broki »

Thank you for the quick reply! i guess i am just having back luck with them, got the two easy ones you mentioned but have not been able to make a 3rd one appear.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

the end of chapter three is a good time to do ring hunting anyway. You can just rotate treasure bosses from Mt Hei tou for earth rings, flame champion's hideaway for fire and water magic rings(water ring is found on the corpse nearest the treasure boss), and lightning magic rings from the mountain path. alas, you can only ever get 1 wind magic ring, and that comes late in the game.
Broki

Post by Broki »

Can earth magic rings still be gotten in chapter 5 since the treasure boss does not change? i have gotten a fair amount of earth rings i think maybe 3 so far just wanted to know if more can be gotten later.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yup, you keep getting them from chapter one through chapter five.
Broki

Post by Broki »

After many days of on and off playing finally got a 3rd fire magic ring, Jesus they are insanely rare.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, but not the rarest item in the game.
Broki

Post by Broki »

I take it Balance Rune is rare-er?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

among others. the fortune rune and the taikyoku tunic are two of the ones I've had exceedingly difficult times getting.
Broki

Post by Broki »

I'm up to 6 Magic Fire Rings now, suddenly got 3 pretty fast from chests in Geddoe's chapter 3, 2-5 soft resets at most.

I have a Taikyoku Tunic already but no fortune rune since not up to that point yet, i know Balance rune can only be obtained during chapter 4 dreading doing the soft reset trick for it already.