Using the lottery trick method on the treasure bosses...

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Kwaky

Using the lottery trick method on the treasure bosses...

Post by Kwaky »

You know how you're not supposed to check the board before you save in order to do the lottery trick, right? Well, if you want to apply it to the treasure boss, when do I save?

Do I save BEFORE beating it? Or can I save AFTER beating it? Thanks.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've tested before but don't remember. it's absolutely safe to do it before you fight the boss, not sure at all about after. i *think* it will not work.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

before you fight it. tried after fighting it, the item remains the same. i guess it defends on how you did with the boss battle. the criticals, turn used, character who deliver the final blow. or it is just really random.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Keep in mind that there seem to be set items for each time you beat a Treasure Boss, with the others being influenced by how you fight.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the first time you fight the boss, you automatically get a bunch of items, but after that, i feel that better items are more likely to appear if you haven't beaten up the boss in a while.
Kwaky

Post by Kwaky »

Kranach is that true?? I'm at the Flame Champion's Hideout with Hugo in Chapter 3 right now, and I want to get a Fire Magic Ring. (I've already got one with Geddoe, and will get one more with Chris after this chapter.) However, I keep getting like the same items!

... Well not exactly the same, of course, but it seems that the changes are minor... It's as if the only thing different are the runes and stones...

If what you say is true, KFC, I should wait a while longer for it to change??

Thanks for the replies.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Kwaky wrote:It's as if the only thing different are the runes and stones...
Are you getting different stat stones from the same treasure boss?
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

cause i keep on coming back after 30 mins. so I guess what kfc said is true. cause the first one i really the best set. but i was able to get three double-strike from the blue mantik with the three main characters. and i was lucky enough to get 4 fury in hugo chapter 3 in less than an hour... one in fifteen loads will give you one good item. and i never got a fire magic ring again. i only got one stone of power and the rest are stone evasion. but the time difference between hugo and chris were ten hours but i still can't get a fire magic ring. and i noticed that if a character loots a corpse it will not appear in the next hero's chapter for four hours. example pick it in geddoe chapter 2, if you continue to play geddoe chapter 3 the treausures will go back. but if you go in chris or hugo chapter 1, 2 or 3 it won't appear in approximately 4 hours.
Kwaky

Re: Using the lottery trick method on the treasure bosses...

Post by Kwaky »

@CelesDestiny: Sorry, I was mistaken; I do get the same stat stone every time.

However, I've been trying this forever now, but I still can't get a Fire Magic Ring with Hugo... (I got my first one with Geddoe.) Also, I do seem to generally be getting the same kinds of items... like the items will vary of course with each kill, but there seems to be a set of items for each that I will get. (For example, I will always get some type of helm piece, chest piece, 3 medicines, a robe piece. But from that helm piece, I might sometimes get an Old Helm and other times a Feather Hat, stuff like that.) I don't know if I should just give up. :(
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i don't know if i should have stayed longer in chapter 3 cause now i have 3 water rings. ang comparing the damage by an s class to an a class. there is a lot of difference.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i guess you just have some bad luck with the Fire Magic Rings. i had some bad experience sometimes as well; i would waste away some hours reloading for the Fire Magic Ring (even though i already had a good amount).. but it's completely random especially when you use the reload trick. the items seem to get worse in general if you soft-reset and reload for the same boss, but you will still get that chance of landing the Fire Magic Ring.

the Blue Mantik also randomly drops Earth Magic Rings. i've had the most trouble getting more of this item.
Kwaky

Post by Kwaky »

Haha I see thanks. I guess I'll keep trying then. :D :D :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i seem to be getting the same Stone of Evasion in my save-reload. i think it might be a good idea to take the item and come back later if this is happening..
Lezales

Post by Lezales »

So the verdict is that this trick will work if you save before the boss correct?

I had more questions related to this topic so here goes: I'm in chapter five, and I'm constantly re-fighting treasure bosses, but all I get are crappy items (best I've got so far is premier armor), are items in the chest completely (or to some extent) random?

I'd like to get my hands on a few magic rings and possibly a gale rune even though I read on the forums that most magic rings stop spawning during chapter 3 and that the gale rune is extra rare and obtainable only in Northern Cave (vs. Ghost Knight). What about that Taikyoku Tunic in Mt. Hei-Tou any chapter restriction on it?

Any advice from the pros here?
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

Lezales wrote:So the verdict is that this trick will work if you save before the boss correct?

I had more questions related to this topic so here goes: I'm in chapter five, and I'm constantly re-fighting treasure bosses, but all I get are crappy items (best I've got so far is premier armor), are items in the chest completely (or to some extent) random?

I'd like to get my hands on a few magic rings and possibly a gale rune even though I read on the forums that most magic rings stop spawning during chapter 3 and that the gale rune is extra rare and obtainable only in Northern Cave (vs. Ghost Knight). What about that Taikyoku Tunic in Mt. Hei-Tou any chapter restriction on it?

Any advice from the pros here?
I dunno if this true or not, but most of the good items in the treasure are completely random. And the first time you open them (1st time beat the treasure boss) you'll always get the better items 'cause the chances are much higher for you to get them.

For me, if I'm not satisfied with the tresure items that i got, i just reset the game and beat the boss again. Save before doing that is a must.