[FAQ] Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Kirkis

[FAQ] Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

Post by Kirkis »

Okay, I've been checking walkthroughs and forum posts, etc. But there just doesn't seem to be a comprehensive list of what's important and what isn't.

So... here's the basic questions:

Does Futch, Viki, and such get stats copied over?

Do I need to have the 'best' ending to unlock anything, or will a completed game be fine?

108 Stars a requirement or not?
- Kirkis
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

108 stars an having the best ending aren't requirements. I do believe you need to have a completed save file though (ie. saved after killing the Beast Rune). You get the following bonuses for transfering data:

Futch and Viki get level and weapon level bonuses based on their stats in SII.

Belle gets a level and weapon bonus based on Meg's stats in SII.

Gadget Z gets a level bonus based on Gadget's level in SII.

Two extra scripts are available (only one if you didn't transfer SI data into SII).

The names of your hero and castle from SII and SI will be retained in the history books (Of course, only SII if you didn't transfer SI data into that game).

Certain runes MAY transfer over if equipped to some of the above characters. There's a lot of debate on this, but it is known that you can't get any high-quality runes this way, so the best you'll do is an extra elemental rune on Futch when you first get him or something along those lines. Not worth worrying about, to be honest.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Cool, thanks for the advice, this should be stickied or covered somewhere on the site, because I think they do it for Suikoden 1 -> 2.
- Kirkis
Luc_The_Destroyer

Re: Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

Post by Luc_The_Destroyer »

Thanks alot leebot and kirkis, This helped me greatly!
Konami Ruined Yuber
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Re: [FAQ] Suikoden II -> Suikoden III Data

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

I'm having a problem and the other posts didn't really help me at all. I beat the Beast Rune and I saved outside the Great Hall in my castle then I went and got the ending where Nanami is still alive. I have never transferred data from Suikoden 2 to Suikoden 3 before so I wanted to do it this time. So I put in my name and said I wanted to load Suikoden 2 data and I had already copied the data to the current memory card, but when I selected the data it said "Please have Suikoden 2 data ready" Does that mean it worked or what?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

"Please have Suikoden 2 data ready" should appear BEFORE you select the data to load... right?
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

Not for me it didn't. It appeared after I selected my Suikoden 2 file to be loaded.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well it's kinda hard to troubleshoot. try getting another Suikoden 2 save to your PS2 memory card and try again..
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

I have some questions and I am hoping I could find some answers ..

1-The Star Dragon Sword: I have it Level 16 with Viktor. Does that mean it is going to move on 15 years forward XD with Edge at the same level ?

2-Do all the armors and such so transfer to 3 ?? means if I got Viki- with nice equipment like master robe ??

3-High Elemental Runes:Do they get transferred if I attached them to Futch,Viki, and Meg..(Rage,Flowing and such so).

4-What about Tuta ?? Is he included ??

Thank you for reading and I am sorry if I troubled you with my questions..
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we're pretty sure the only things that transfer were listed at the top of this thread. no equipment or weapon level information carries over. Tuta is not a combat character in this game, so no level bonus is applied.
Simplicity

Post by Simplicity »

KFCrispy wrote:we're pretty sure the only things that transfer were listed at the top of this thread. no equipment or weapon level information carries over. Tuta is not a combat character in this game, so no level bonus is applied.

Much appreciated.
and sorry if I caused any kind of inconvenience..
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
onewnayr

Post by onewnayr »

I finished playing suikoden 2 in my ps3 and i would like to load it up in suikoden 3, my problem is when suikoden 3 is asking for saved game of suikoden 2, i cant get it to look into my ps1 memory card in my hd, the only available place to look for is mem card for ps2 and i got my save on ps1 mem card, how can i copy my saved game in ps1 mem card into ps2 memcard?
avenger

Post by avenger »

use a ps2. put ps1 memory card in slot one.
put ps2 memory card in slot two.
turn on ps2
click on browse.
two memory cards pop up.
open slot one memory ps1 card.
look for suikoden 2 data.
say copy to memory card slot two.
suikoden 2 will now be on a ps2 memory card.

use a ps3
get the ps3 to read slot one and two for memory cards.
copy suikoden 2 memory from ps1 to a ps2 memory card that is plugged in using the memory card adaptor for $15. gamestop sells them or even best buy.
onewnayr

Post by onewnayr »

is that the only way? cant buy that, im from Philippines and we dont have best buy...,
avenger

Post by avenger »

on your ps3, yes. you can get the item online. and have it shipped. don't you have any game store in your area? i'm sure they'll have it. if not try ordering online.