Looting corpses?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Fliktor

Looting corpses?

Post by Fliktor »

I played Suikoden III for the first time and played right through with Hugo upto Chapter 3, then played the remaining chapters. But with the other people - Thomas, Chris and Geddoe - There was never any treasure by the skeletons - is that normal or is it some sort of glitch?
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there are some points in the game where they don't show up, yeah.. i don't know why either, but seems to be normal
Jewber

Post by Jewber »

Thomas refuses to pick up from any skeleton. He pities the dead person and thats it. About the other characters, i dunno.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

when Chris has armor in the beginning, she just shakes her head and says "so sad.." instead of doing the right thing and stealing the ever-regenerating item bag
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

She lost her morals alongside with her armour I guess....
I didn;t know bad regeneerated thou... the one in Zexen Forest is one of these bags, right?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah. it comes back after a while with another useless item (but the first time is a recipe or something). i don't think the Zexen Forest bag ever gives anything good/rare/unique beyond the first time.

here's the notable bags and their notable random item (1/100 chance or so)...
Cyndar Ruins right-side may give Fortune Rune
Kuput Forest closest to Chisa Village - Cyclone Rune (i picked one up the other day! yay!)
Flame Champion Hideaway the first one can give Pale Gate Rune and other can give Barrier/Water Magic Ring
Mt. Hei-Tou - Fury Rune (closest to the boss), but notable for getting it early is Yellow Scarf - one of the other two bags in the area.. dunno which

the Mountain Path bag is another pretty useless bag. don't waste your time treking all the way down to that dead end after the first time!!
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

isn't it something like when you pick up an item and leave it alone for a long time, the regenerated items get better the longer you leave it there? Like if you get medicine D, but instead of getting it you wait long enough you might get an medicine C? that could go same for ones that give you equipment.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think it's more likely to be better, especially Treasure Bosses it seems, but i've gotten 3-4 Pale Gate Runes in a row and then after just a few resets i got another.

but the inventory for some of the item bags are just all useless items, so whether you wait or not you still get a useless item.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

resets? as in you kill the boss, die, and choose to go on, so you have al the items/exp/skill from the boss you killed before, but he's still alive as well?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no you go in and pick up the item or kill the treasure boss, check out what it gives to you, and reset the game (not die, reset) without saving and try it again...