Level 99 trick question

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Vexen

Level 99 trick question

Post by Vexen »

I'm using the level 99 trick, although I'm not trying to get to level 99. Basically, I'm trying to get Chris her 1st level 4 MP, which requires 101 MAG at least. However, it's taking quite some time (I'm at level 65 with 91 MAG).

Here's where the question comes in: I levelled her to 67 and she gained no MAG. I reset, redid it twice, and still no growth. Now I know that she gains 0-1 MAG every level after level 61, but is it my bad luck or are stat gains predetermined in each game? Because I'm trying to have her gain at least 1 out of a possible 2 MAG to get to 101 MP at around level 85.
The memory's wiles are cruel. In its silence, we forget. And in its perversion, it binds our hearts firmly.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they're random, if you didn't discover that already. you can keep reloading to try for different results, but it definitely makes it easier if you try to obtain high magic growth early on (although the battles are longer and tougher...)
Vexen

Post by Vexen »

Wow, didn't think anyone cared to answer. This is ancient history now, but if anyone's interested I managed to get her to 79 before she gained 101 MGC. And yes, it is random...I was just suspicious because it took me 3 or 4 resets to gain 1 point.
The memory's wiles are cruel. In its silence, we forget. And in its perversion, it binds our hearts firmly.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

I brought Chris, Borus, Salome and Roland to level 99. First you have to get them to level 32, then you can put Borus in Chris' unit and place it to the center of the battlefield. Chris is a goddess when she attains level 32. She KILLS everyting. After winning the first battle, unequip the armors and let the enemy kill you. Attaining a victory you will be rewarded with 2 level ups.Use the skillpoints to rais armor and shield protect but DO NOT skill repell, parry and that stuff. After you got defeated just press continue and you can repeat the event with the higher level. This is what you have to do. Win the battle, then let the enemy kill you before you reach the Karaya village. This sure will take some time, but I tell you... once you get that 4 people to level 99.... NOTHING is going to stop you. Not even Yuber.

Enjoy
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

eh... that wasnt really answering the point of this topic... which is like 6 months old already. XD
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Level 99 trick question

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

My Chris got to level 99 with 132 magic. I didn't do any reset tricks as it seemed like it was going up like crazy. Just random luck.