S characters

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Sonnn

S characters

Post by Sonnn »

Is there a party like the one listed below?

S - Water
S - Earth
S - Fire
S - Lightning
Flame Champion
And a good physical person
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

Suikosource just so happens to have a skills guide.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/skills.php
Original JD

Post by Original JD »

I noticed that if you have an S rank in Precision, then there is an ally evade bonus of 100%. Does that mean that no matter what, allies will not get hit by a spell cast by an S rank character? Can that character cast Fire Magic with impunity? (If so, is there *ANY* way to give that character my True Fire Rune? :wink: )

EDIT TO ADD: Oh my god, not only does it list the skills and give a breakdown, but it lists the characters, and what levels they get in which skills? Dear lord I wish I saw this before I started playing SuikoIII!
adrich
Elite Member

Post by adrich »

Unfortunately the highest natural Precision rating is only A rank, though 80% evade is nothing to sneeze at.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you're looking to fulfill your wish, get a cheat device or manually hack the data in the correct spots if that's possible (good luck with that...)

the best way to be precise is to up chanting rate for the fire magic affinity and cast it in areas that don't have allies, before characters get to attack. water also has collateral damage, but just for the one crappy spell.

that means if you start real far away (like on the plains), you can use a level 4 with no problem. as you get closer, you might want to only use level 2's.
CrimsonKilley

Post by CrimsonKilley »

Sasarai, Chris, Geddoe, Hugo, Hallec will do.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i noticed in my many play throughs that joker had no precision at the beggining but never once outta like 200 times hit ace,but he almost always hit queen,can you not hit friends?
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

some people believe dodging ally magic spells is based on repel abilities. Ace is better than Queen usually.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There's a hidden stat called "intelligence" which determines whether a character can dodge friendly fire better. Luck also affects this.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

You guys mentioned everyone for his party besides someone with an S stat in fire magic. That person would be Estella.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah SARS so repel and mov stats don't affect this at all?

and the Flame Champ except Chris can get S in fire magic with up to 3 rings and the Wizard Hat
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

At least based on the book, repel and mov don't do jack for avoiding friendly fire spells.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that's good enough for me.
Blasphemy000

Post by Blasphemy000 »

SARSadmin wrote:There's a hidden stat called "intelligence" which determines whether a character can dodge friendly fire better. Luck also affects this.
I always figured there was something like that. Ace has never been torched by any of my fire mages... but Queen on the otherhand....
--
Here's what I have written down in my txt file:

S - Water
Nei, Rody, Salome, Sasari, Viki's , Alanis?

S - Earth
Aila, Belle, Nei, Sasari, Yumi

S - Fire
Belle, Estella, Joker

S - Lightning
Geddoe, Piccolo, Estella

I have intentionally left out others who have a high score in those skills because they just shouldn't be casting magic (Twaikin) or they will do better with physical runes.

Hope this helps