Falcon Rune?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Branny

Falcon Rune?

Post by Branny »

Who carries it in S3 again, just for confirmation? Thanks =)
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow i jus noticed i never seen it in suikoden 3 or had it
Branny

Post by Branny »

Same, it's really odd... I remember someone had something very similar to it, though!
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Chris' Phoenix rune might be the one that remind you of Falcon rune, but it's definitely not the same.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I don't think the Falcon Rune is even in S3.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The Shrike Rune is probably the closest thing to the Falcon Rune in S3. But the falcon rune itself isn't in it.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Nah, there's definitely no Falcon Rune in III, the closest thing is Chris' Phoenix Rune (when she's not mounted), but it leaves her unbalanced so it's not quite as good.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The latest incarnation of the Falcon Rune leaves it bearer unbalanced too, and not to mention that it's only usable once per battle.

What happened?
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

Well I think that mostly the stronger swordswomen type of girls get this rune. Chris was like the basically the ultimate swordswoman in this game(story wise, and in my opinon, yeah she was), so they probably decided she should have a rune like that, since her magic was very bad... they could make it up by trying to gi her a rune that ewe've sorta seen berore and is semi important to us (and pretty strong!). but then it wouldn't make sense for her to have it, since that rune is from a specific trainer usually, so they gave her a different but similar rune.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

Hm, I thought Pheonix was just a mistranslation of Falcon, but I could be wrong. Either way, they're both winged bird type creatures.

And, Belcoot has the Falcon rune in Suikoden V, and he's not a female. It seems to be given to those trained under that mentor dude ... whose name escapes me at the moment.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Roundier Haia, who is barely mentioned in Suikoden V near the beginning. He's referred to as "Master Haia" by Lyon when she reads Belcoot's name.

Has the question been answered? There's no Falcon Rune in Suikoden III, but Chris's Phoenix Rune animation on foot looks awfully similar.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri May 30, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

And Phoenix/Falcon are both bird type creatures ...

I think it's safe to say that if Phoenix is indeed not the Falcon then it's simply the replacement of it.
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

Maybe Belcoot skipped class a lot at Haias school. and therefore he can only use once and gets dizzy afterwards.. he is a noooob :)
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

sonic_Reaper wrote:And Phoenix/Falcon are both bird type creatures ...
So are Shrike, Swallow, Great Hawk and a number of other command runes. Birds, and animals in generals, are popular subjects for weapon techniques in the series.
Hm, I thought Pheonix was just a mistranslation of Falcon, but I could be wrong. Either way, they're both winged bird type creatures.
It's not a mistranslation.

Chris wasn't a student of Haia to warrant her knowing such a technique. (Kika wasn't either, but that's time gap issue and is better left for another topic.)
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

Hm, well of all the runes in Suikoden III Phoenix best fits with the Falcon Runes before it. 3X damage and the animation is VERY similar on-foot.

That's about it though.

As Suikoden V demonstrated, the Falcon Rune does seem to change over the years - sometimes inflicting dizziness and being limited to one time per-battle use.

That or there indeed wasn't meant to be a Falcon Rune in Suikoden III.