[FAQ] Lottery Grand Prize

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
SkyScorcher

[FAQ] Lottery Grand Prize

Post by SkyScorcher »

Has anyone gotten this? I'm just curious as to what the prize for it is.
ARMEGEDDON!!!
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

The reward is infinite potch. An infinity sign will be your potch amount. If you get this prize during the first three chapters of Chris, Geddoe and Hugo, it should carry over in chapter four. I hear it doesn't carry over if you get it as Thomas. Not too sure about that though.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

i've accomplished this once by using the save/reload trick when checking your tix. took me a good LONG while though. and uselessly i did it in Chapter 5, shoulda done it in chapter 1....next time around.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

It's really, really not worth spending the time trying to get it. Your odds of getting it with any one ticket are 1 in 260,000. Suffice to say, while that's better than winning the lottery in real life, it's not very comforting to even be ten times more likely to win it (ie, having ten tickets) For the first three chapters of each character, winning 100,000 potch - a much more reasonable 1 in 100 affair - is enough money to last you quite a while, and sometimes I've gotten the 500,000 potch prize - 1 in 1000 odds - while I was trying to just get the 100,000 potch prize, it's gravy. You hit the 500,000 prize, and you pretty much don't need money for that character's first three chapters the rest of the way, unless you go nuts.

Besides, when was it ever hard to make money in a Suikoden game?
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Adaon

Post by Adaon »

Zotmaster wrote: Besides, when was it ever hard to make money in a Suikoden game?
In Thomas scenario. Although after I left two 35,000 potch vases it helped a lot, but I had peggie there ready to sharpen up to level 12 so I burned through that pretty easily.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Good point, except I have one question for you.

When do you need a Level 12 weapon in Thomas's chapters?

You can also win a lot of good armor (like Pale Moon stuff and whatnot) from the minigames you should have by then (like horse racing).
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

it only took the better part of an hour to hit the grand prize on the game that i attepted this, so it was quite worth it.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

I was so lucky once I was playing I played the One with Hugo at duck vill First chapter at won.

Five 1000

and the one where you get the items. once.
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
SkyScorcher

Post by SkyScorcher »

Kuromimi wrote:The reward is infinite potch. An infinity sign will be your potch amount. If you get this prize during the first three chapters of Chris, Geddoe and Hugo, it should carry over in chapter four. I hear it doesn't carry over if you get it as Thomas. Not too sure about that though.
Ah, that's what I figured... interesting, I'll have to try this...

Oh, and Thanks.
ARMEGEDDON!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can also opt to cheat.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ender_maker

Post by ender_maker »

I like to play the lottery while recruiting(sp?). I can usually get the 100,000 poth prize after 5-15 minutes. I only got the 500,000 potch prize once and it was when I was trying to get the complimentary prize... I was still happy though. The only time I NEVER play the lottery is when I'm fighting treasure monsters; the 10 tickets take up way too much space in the bag!
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i agree with ender maker and thas how i make my money,during thomas's chapters all i won each time was the 2nd place prize so the war battle was cake with all the high-level armor and weapons i had
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can store lottery tickets in the vault, though.... although the vault itself is extremely small (where is Rock from S1?! the best vault technology ever.. restore partially used medicine, infinite storage space, grouping......)
PSKmustang

Post by PSKmustang »

I once got all 4 numbers but not the letter. Ah well, it was close anyways.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Lottery Grand Prize?

Post by KFCrispy »

i used a cheat to give myself a grand prize. i'm pretty sure i gave one to Thomas but don't remember.. but when i got to chapter 4 i never got his lottery ticket or unlimited money. so i cheated it in again later. anyway, it says something like UnlimitedUse.