[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

OKAY! Second time i played through and here's my 2nd final party!

Hugo+Fubar- Mounted and with True Lightning Rune, this pair's got everything to do with both physical attack and magical attack

Geddoe+Ace- Geddoe, this time with True Fire Rune, is now paired with Ace second time. Ace normally hits and Geddoe just uses all his spells no matter what you do.

Chris+Borus- True Water Rune+Thunder Rune = BIG BAD COMBO!! Chris can heal anyone who's hurt while Borus can either normally hit or use his thunder rune to help out.

Anyone can make this team better?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

My final party in order of pairs.

Hugo - Current level is 66
HP: 462
Equipment: Custom Casque, Custom Leather, Iron Boots, and Iron Fist
Runes: True Fire, and Wind
Rune Power: 9/5/2/1
Weapon Level: 16
Statistics: Power 133, Skill 187, Magic 136, Speed 164, Defense 147, Magic Defense 136 and Luck 153.

Hugo was my Flame Champion so he was forced but i dont care. I mostly used his True Fire all the time. With his continual attack which goes 3 times he became a good attacker. His Healing Wind on his Wind rune became useful later in the final battle.

Edge - Current level is 59
HP: 458
Equipment: Custom Casque, Custom Chain Mail, Power Gloves, and Iron Boots
Runes: Thunder, and Water
Rune Power: 9/5/3/1
Statistics: Power 142, Skill 160, Magic 145, Speed 143, Defense 152, Magic Defense 144, Luck 85

Edge's continual attack which does two is very useful when fighting the final boss. His Thunder rune was very useful as well for hitting the final boss if the Earth crystal used Vengeful Child. He is also one of my favorite characters (reminds me of Victor).

Geddoe - Current level is 58
HP: 491
Equipment: Flame Casque, Blessed Chain Mail, Iron Boots, and Engraved Gauntlet
Runes: True Lightning
Rune Power: 9/5/3/1
Statistics: Power 174, Skill 125, Magic 142, Speed 138, Defense 160, Magic Defense 139, Luck 124

My most useful mage in the final battle. All i used him for was for the True Lightning rune. His attack was very useful too. Another one of my favorite characters.

Aila - Level 58
HP: 389
Equipment: Premier Casque, Dragon Scale, Power Gloves, Winged Boots
Runes: Shield, and Earth
Rune Power: 9/5/2/1
Weapon level: 16
Statistics: Power 123, Skill 139, Magic 139, Speed 156, Defense 161, Magic Defense 124, Luck 141

My main healer in the final boss battle. The Clay Guardian she has on her Earth rune lowers Damage taken by 15%. Also the Battle Oath she has on her Shiels rune is very useful (chance of entire party becoming beserk). She has the third highest attack on the team which can also make her an affective attacker.

Chris - Level 58
HP: 458
Equipment: Blessed Helm , Armor of Rage, Engraved Gauntlet, and Iron Heel Shoes
Runes: True Water, and Phoenix
Rune Power: 6/3/1/0
Statistics: Power 141, Skill 159, Magic 85, Speed 126, Defense 176, Magic Defense 155, Luck 150

My back up healer incase Aila dies (she did). She has the best Defense on the team. The Phoenix came in handy early in the battle but i couldnt use it later because Aila died.

Borus - Level 59
HP: 473
Equipment: Blessed Helm, Blessed Armor, Winged Boots, and Flame Amulet
Runes: Fury
Rune Power: 6/3/1/0
Statistics: Power 157, Skill 143, Magic 88, Speed 130, Defense 171, Magic Defense 97, Luck 140

The only reason his in there is because i remember using him when i last played 2 years ago (i try to use the same party members for the final boss in every time i beat a game). Other reasons i put him in there is because of his Fury Rune. And last he has the second best defense.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Well, mine isn't exactly a final party but it was the party I brought when Chris was FC. This is Hugo's party and I highly recommend it.

Note: Everyone's main skills are max and I added Swing, Accuracy, Damage, Magic Resistance to all who can and need it. Head gears and armor are all customs. Default additional items are Yellow scarf, Iron boots(men), Iron Heel Shoes (women), Iron Fists (men) and Engraned Gauntlet(women). Lvls are 55-60+. This is for ALL the line ups.

Line Up:
Sgt Joe (Rune:Flowing, Killer)
Thomas (Killer, Counter)

Juan (Waking, Fury)
Emily(Haziness, Fury/Killer)

Hugo(Water(it's useful from fighting the other monsters),Killer) (Armor: Dragon Scale Item:Chain Attack Ring, Water Magic Ring)
Fubar(Shining Wind, Killer [not sure if it was him or Bright or Rubi])
Support:Mio

The reason I set this line up:
It's the fight against Sarah, who is a very good magic user. She dealt a lot of damage to my team and I just rendered her useless for three turns by getting Joe to cast Silent Lake.
After that, I send the Fighter combo on them. It got rid of both Azzordesses at that turn. set Hugo on Sarah. On the next turn, Emily was out so I set Juan, Thomas and Joe on one Horrobeast (which disappeared in its soapy purple bubble on this turn) while Hugo concentrated on Sarah. On the next turn, Emily, Juan, Thomas and Joe dealt with the other Horrobeast (it died even before Emily was through with her attack) and Hugo hit Sarah again. She fell and that's it. I didn't need to use healing because they weren't even hit that bad. Except for Juan. He attracts all the Horrobeasts.

The reason for Thomas:
I really, really like training this guy up. I did it twice. When Hugo was FC as well. I don't know about you guys but there is some satisfaction in training Thomas.

Let's say you want to see the final scene with the knights when Chris is your FC, I recommend this strategy.
Note: All the knights Gloves are replaced with healing items. Just put a set of Medicine A for each. And put at least six more in your inventory)

Line Up:
Borus (Killer) (removed repel for swing)
Salome (Flowing, Shield)

Percival (Shield) (Removed repel for damage)
Roland (Great Hawk, Killer ) (With a title from Jefferson that raises his Swing to a B)

Chris (TFR, Phoenix)
Leo (Firefly)
Support: Jeane

Reasons:
Salome is one great healer. He sets off his spells at the start of each turn so it's helpful to survive the number of turns we have.
Putting Percy with Roland and not Borus helps in dragging Roland to the front instead of rendering the person paired with Roland useless. This is because of Percy's holy dash skill.
Percy's Shield Rune is an added bonus. If Salome had to revive someone with Mother Ocean, Percy can help heal the rest of the people for that turn. It also helps when someone is out of range from Salome's Kindness Rain spell too.
Strategy:
I used Salome's Battle Oath on this turn, berserking anyone who will be beserked. (eh?) Borus will automatcially attack the Lightning Rune and I sent Percival and Roland on that rune as well. Chris and Leo attacks the Fire rune.
On the next turn, I healed with Salome (Borus attacks again) and did hte same thing in the first turn. The LR will disappear at this turn (and Roland will hit the WindRIncar).
Next turn: Heal again. If Borus is out of range (he usually is), set off Percy's shield rune. It can't be helped that Roland will attack the WindRIncar but Borus will attack the Water Rune.
Next Turn: Heal. Set Percy and Roland on the Water Rune. Chris and Leo SHOULD be done with the Fire rune. If they are, attack the Earth Rune. Note: The water rune will revive the LR at a point. Just get the guys to attack it again.
Next turn: Heal and Hit. At this point, Salome would run out of Kindness Rain. No prob. That's what's Percy's for.
Next turn: Percy won't heal as fast as Salome. Expect someone to almost KO or KO at this point. If the LR is revived, it should die by now. If not, then say goodbye to the water rune.
Next turn: Anybody died (mine was Borus), Mother Ocean that knight and use Percy's rune again. If you're out of spells, don't fret. Just use the medicine. The runes should die by now, if not, just keep on hitting.
Next turn: Each of them should share the medicine. I used Salome and Roland because they're at the back. If the runes are already dead, it's time to use some magic! Note, make sure that bird isn't brown, if it is get Leo to use a medicine on the pair. If not, set off the Final Flame spell on it.
Next turn: Medicine and hit. Just keep on doing this until the bird dies. If you run out of medicine, equip them with more (Though I seriously doubt it would last twelve turns to kill that bird with hitting). If someone died and you haven't used your Mother Ocean spell, use it. You're going to need all your knights to defeat it.

For Geddoe's team, I wanted to see the scene with all the guys on the 12th unit so I brought them to face Yuber. This is what I did:

Line up:

Queen (Ripple, Shield) (Equipped with Jizo)
Geddoe (Killer, Thunder, Sunbeam) [Wizard Hat, Lightning Magic Ring)

Jacques (Boronda Hawk, Killer) (Given Swing, took out repel)
Aila (Shield, Killer)(Given Swing, took out mag resistance)

Ace (Double Tusk, Killer/Balance)
Joker (Pale Gate, Isshin, Flowing/Water) (Equipped with Jizo)
Support: Jeane

Reasons:
With the two items given to Geddoe, his Lightning Magic becomes an S. So, he'll set off any lightning spell before anyone could attack. I usually give him the Thunder Rune once the TLR was taken away. Ged uses the final spell and defeats all the bone soldiers that Yuber has.
Aila is my berserker (anything to give the extra boost) and group healer. Right after Geddoe, it's always her to set off a spell.
Jacques is my mop up. His Boronda Hawk is useful for any other little monster that Yuber has. Out of ten hits, he usually gets about eight on Yuber.
Queen is my third healer. I gave her the shield rune because after I use Ged's rune, I won't be able to do much damage so I get him to hit. That is if Aila's rune is finished. She does good damage on Yuber but she always ends up his target. So the Jizo on her is useful. make sure there's more in the bag if she dies.
Joker is my main magic man! The only one in the group with Pale Gate Magic. Yeah sure, he takes two turns to cast the third spell but that's the reason Jeane is support. He cleans Yuber up. And he actually helps healing the others with the Water Rune (mainly Queen).
Ace is my Yuber hitter. I used the Double Tusk rune on Yuber most of the time. I got the Balance rune, it proved useful becasue I got to hit Yuber on every turn but that happened only once and I'm deeply frustrated.

That's all from me. For now.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

I like maintainable power in my groups, therefore I chose a mostly melee party:

-----
Chris ( flame champ )
[ True Fire / Phoenix ]
I chose her as the flame champ ( this time ) because she's a great tank aswell as doing some decent damage. With good swing, parry and counter skills she can hold her own against the likes of Yuber. Heavy armor on the hero is a good good thing.

Mel
[ Thunder / Branky ]
With insane high speed on Thunder rune ( faster than Geddoe ) and good fire damage upgrades helping Branky's rune damage she's very useful in a party. Even if not using either rune she gets 3 hits and does decent damage.

-----
Fred
[ Draining / Sword of Magic ]
I forget if I had any other runes on him, but with his crazy defense and sheild guard rates he rarely takes more than 1 damage a hit, combine that with him healing each critical and he's near indestructible. Sword of magic added since it gives him a fast turn.

Aila
[ Sheild / ?? ]
I forget what I had here except her affinity for the sheild rune is a great asset and gives all across the feild healing unlike water which can miss my often spread out party.

-----
Emily
[ Draining ]
With 7 hits per round and a good heavy damage stat she will generally heal more HP than she has each round.

Ayame
[ Shrike / Double-Strike ]
With a double strike rune her shrike does such insane damage it takes out nearly anything in one hit. Add to that her good speed combined with Emily's fast hit, and these two generally take out 2 of the enemies before they can move. Shrike seems to do more damage to flying enemies but I can't back that up.

So there you have it, I have 2 tanks, just the one healer but with the bath man in my support slot all my HP and status' get renewed each battle. Worst case scenario which I had once against Rincar was the entire party except Fred dead but he was a trooper and kept going and going.

Alternately with Hugo as my flame champ I dropped Mel for Fubar. With double-strike on Fubar and sword of magic on Hugo, both status' carry to both characters.

Honourable mention

Landis - with Aila landing fury on at least one of them at the start of battle and double-strike on him and Ayame their unite can do 9999 damage to Rincar ( unless it guards ). Guarded it was about 7500 damage so theoretically if there was no damage limit you could almost one hit him. I found Landis boring and not useful for normal battles.
merlin

My Team of normal chars and then the final battle team

Post by merlin »

Hugo/Fubar: Yep the old mounted combo the reason I have this group up is because of the combination of Hugo's and Fubar's defense and strength also Fubar makes a good carrier of healing items like mega medicines in a pitch. Now as for Runes I usually keep the Wind rune for Hugo since it does make a good healing rune I will upgrade to Cyclone if I can find one also the True Fire Rune but once you loses it the Rage rune makes a good replacement until you get it back. Fubar should keep his Shining wind rune because of the multi hit abilities as for a secondary rune I never saw the necessarity of throwing another one in.

Sgt Joe/ Viki: Sgt. Joe makes a good healer despite what folks think and also a good physical attacker he also has a good mage ability as Earth rune magic which makes a fine rune in the 2nd and 3rd chapter when you start to face more difficult foes. Viki is one of the best mages in the game of course there are two in this one so both of them makes good mages and putting a Pale gate rune and a shield rune on her is a good idea as for using her blinking rune I would suggest you use it as a last effort. The Blinking Rune is a chance rune which has a bad effect of causing damage to your characters and teleporting some of them off at chance.

Melville/Alanis: These two are the most under rated characters in the game and I can see why in the early parts of the game they do seem weak but I took the time and built them up in the Hugo chapter 3 and found out some amazing stuff. Melville has the amazing natural ability to use Magic Sword and use is pretty strong in his sword strength and speed and gets pretty strong hp later on in the game. It does take him a while to get his rune slots which is a pain but once he does give him a Magic sword rune and it will be beneficial. Alanis makes for a great mage she has great fire magic and also makes for a great Shield mage and Water Mage the reason I said that is because she opens up three slots fairly early and also gains the unique ability of precision which means her spells will never hurt your characters. Their combo on the other hand is kinda wimpy but does do some decent damage.

suppot: Tuta: Natural reasons for his healing
Final Battle Party

Hugo/Fubar
Sgt.Joe/ Viki or Alanis depends on who has the higer level
Geddoe/Chris

as for my levels in the final battle it differs each time but most of the time it is around 60.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

quick pointers to several "trends" i've been seeing in these parties - you are setting up pairs that consist of 2 strong physical attackers and pairs that have two very powerful runes to work with (such as Thunder for one character and a true rune for another) - I don't think that's very efficient, considering only one character can use a rune per turn. you can mix the pairs to have one attacker and one mage to have better results..

for the Hugo/Fubar mounted pairs, Fubar will benefit the pair if he has Double-Strike, Fury, or Warrior (not Gale).

Snowe Man wrote:no need to pair emily and juan because red rose will negate all unification attacks, but the 4k damage is well worth that
i believe if you equip them with Yellow Scarfs they will be fine, but i haven't played in a while (but of couse it negates Juan's Waking Rune). also, their unite is only really useful for random battles anyway.
Clangeddin wrote:2 - Fubar (Shining Wind and Killer Rune)
Megamedicine Ax4
Antitoxinx4
Throath Dropx4
the items you give Fubar are extremely questionnable.. how many enemies poison or silence you in the ENTIRE GAME? it's really a waste to have them; Fubar can be using scrolls (Kindness Drops, Clay Guardian, Soaring Bolt) or foods that give positive status effects.. and you should remove Dragon Seal Incense from Hugo and put it on Fubar if you still want it around! then the pair can always heal and attack at the same time.

Also, what is Joe doing with an Alert Rune if he's using Flowing? the only spell it can really help is Breath of Ice, which is going to be weak no matter what! Better to put it on Geddoe, replacing the Wizard Rune (which would in turn allow Geddoe to survive against magic much better) or Counter

considering Chris and Joe are both mainly used for attacking, I would separate them and put one in front of Geddoe, the other in front of Sasarai so both Geddoe and Sasarai can make use of their magic.

LillyXChris - your Hugo/Lilly team might benefit if Lilly has a rune that aids her physical attacks because her critical rate is insane, especially since you want to be using the True Fire Rune. make sure to boost Hugo's True Fire to S (which does require Wizard Hat and 3 Rings..).
Also, Boris has a Thunder Sword Rune yeah? not a Thunder Rune... but regardless, he's much better off with Double-Strike - his A in Armor Protect negates the "double damage received" penalty

merlin - Melville has a high critical rate (A+ in Heavy Dmg), capitalize with Chief's Hat to boost it to S. i'm not saying the Magic Sword is bad, but there might be other runes that have a greater effect on his attacks along with another free skill slot (instead of M.Swd)--but he does have a lot of free skills.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Stallion, Fred only gets one rune slot, so you can't use BOTH Draining and Sword of Magic. And a Double-Strike on Ayame during the final battle would be suicide, unless she's at Level 99. She has a very low MDF (about 80+ at Level 60). The WindRIncar would roast her.

KFCrispy, Chief's Hat increases the Stun skill (or Freeze... whatever). The only thing that can improve Heavy Damage skill is General appointment from Jefferson, I think...

I think Joe's better off as a full-attacker than a healer-attacker. The two runes I've always given Jordie, Melville and Lilly are Killer and Fury (or Double-strike, then I'll just Battle Oath them), since those help with their fighting capabilities.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Chief's Hat improves both Freeze and Heavy Damage.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Double-Strike does not affect magic damage, only physical. However, the RIncar does have some powerful group physical attacks (I'm pretty sure some of those do physical dmg..). What is key about using Ayame and other super-high offense no defense characters is that your team should just beat the enemy as soon as possible. Besides, even if she is KOed after 3 rounds and the battle goes on for 2 more rounds, she still probably did her job well with the Double-Strike x Shrike x swings effect.
Arane

Post by Arane »

Huh, I seem to have done something interesting -

In slot 1: [Hugo/Fubar] (no, nothing interesting here, almost everyone seems to do it, for good reason too) Runes were TFR, Killer; shining Wind, Fury. (I forgot if Hugo had a third one, I think he did, but I don't remember what I put in it) and Hugo had items that upped magical defense, whereas I put Medice A on Fubar (3 packs of 6)

Slot 2: [Futch/Bright] - The first time I played the game, I had a different party that was mcu closer in terms of last slot to what everyone seems to be going with (i.e. magical healer) and my team got slaughtered when the Earth rune did...something...that prevented them from using magic (and it did it over and over and over), anyways, when all was said and done, it was down to these two and the WindRincar, and I somehow managed to win (at the last moment, ran out of medicine packs, Bright's setup was similar to Fubar's), so they pretty much have automatic inclusion on the team for final battle unless I feel like expirementing. These two's runes are pretty much also similar to above except with Lightning (or Thunder) replacing TFR and Bright's rune instead of Fubar's

Slot 3: [Landis/Geddoe] Originally, this slot was for Chris/Geddoe so that I had a healer and a good mage/attacker. I forgot how much Chris's magic abilities stank. Add that to what was mentioned above...plus, Geddoe is a defensive character (he doesn't attack with partner chanting), so I changed it to Landis/Geddoe. Why Landis? Well, you guys are all talking about crit hits...this guy was the master in all my games, I never went a battle (even random ones) with him in the team where he didn't get a crit hit (woot! lvl S), add that to him being able to get 2 hits in (swing skill, his level wasn't above 70), and you've got a character who could reliably pull off 1,000 points of damage (although, his weapon was kinda upped...but no more than anyone else's!). Landis also had this nifty thing where his Magical Resistnace skill was all the way to S (no help required), so in a battle where magic is the thing being used against you...I also still had Geddoe as the Lightning master who could pull off very good normal type attacks, and, in my opinion, Geddoe's the best of the main three (Chris sucks at magic, Hugo needs Fubar to be a really good attacker, Geddoe just excelled at both) These two's Runes (not in order of head/l/r) were (L) Killer, Drain, (I'm not sure); and TLR, (Don't remember), Thunder (from when TLR was taken away)

With this group, not only did they manage to survive (don't ask how Hugo/Fubar did, I can't remember), but for whatever reason, I must've gotten extremely lucky because I also didn't have to heal that much. However, the luck theory is shot, because I tried again a couple times with this group to see how they did...the Earth Rune annoying thing? Didn't faze them. Water Rune reviving things...well, water didn't last too long with Geddoe, Hugo, and Futch all aiming for it (magically!). WindRincar doing a high powered magical attack? The two tanks didn't notice, Geddoe did his ever so famous (in my games) repel (he doesn't like to die, against Yuber, Sarah, and Luc, he nearly took them on by himself at lvl 56 or 60...), and Landis...well, if he was damaged, I didn't really notice, never really needed to use their medice more than twice. (Luck)

P.S. The one time I tried going with big-time mages (including Sasarai), I messed up big-time...or they were very unlucky! And maybe Franz and Ruby were just ignored (I never got a chance to use them, really!) for too long, but when I tried the 'calvary'...well...they lasted longer than the mages...although Futch nearly beat the boss alone again!

P.P.S. Landis is cool. That was the real reason why I tried using him originally. What's not cool about a guy with a scythe, bat-ish wings, claws for feat, who says weird things normally invovling the Grim Reaper? (that last part, well most of it really, is quite debatable)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Ruby/Franz combo actually has the strongest magic resistance of the three mounted pairs, i think. one time when i was experimenting with max damage and stuff, i think i had the wrong setup so i just let everyone defend against the RIncar and die.. but Franz was taking too long, so i figured i could try defeating the RIncar at that point.. it was slow but no problem. he was able to go 3-4 rounds without needing medicine. i had to use Ruby's special move to take out the Water rune because of its healing abilities. that disables the pair from attacking the next round.
Arane

Post by Arane »

Next time, I'll level them up to about equal to the others (they were around 10 levels behind the other mounted duos, if memory serves) and see what happens...

But one other thing that I've noticed is that for whatever reason, some of my fighters have had higher magic resistance than mages (this includes skills maxed out), which gives those few an advantage in the last battle considering the high amount of magic used (like I said, Landis seemed to get injured the least of those who were actually injured)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The Chief's hat improves both Freeze and Heavy Damage by +1.
Well, that is news to me. So I can actually boost Lilly's Heavy Damage to S after all.
The guy who liked S3

Post by The guy who liked S3 »

FC: Geddoe

1st Pair:
Front: Edge (Fury/Double Strike, 3 Jizos) He stayed alive (or kept coming back) and brutalized the runes.

Front:
Geddoe: (True Fire, Wizard, alert) Lots and lots of magical attacks. He had armor geared towards magic def (don't remember exactly what...) Used up top two tiers of magic, charged in for the last two-three rounds

2nd Pair:
Front:
Twaikin (Warrior) Maxed out weapon, all my stat stones (didn't use any cheats, just saved them all game). He served the same purpose as Edge. Had two Jizos, used one.

Back:
Aila: (Shield, Warrior, 3 jizos) Usually attacked... healed twice. She didn't use a single jizo.

3rd pair:
Front: Futch (Fury)
Just attacked the whole fight.
Back: Bright (Double Strike) Just attacked all fight; had jizos but didn't use any.
jeno

Post by jeno »

My flame champion was hugo and i used this formation:

hugo-True Fire,fury
fubar-fury

chris-true water,phoenix
sgt joe-water,fury

geddeo-True Lightning,fury
sasarai-True Earth

why?? im a true rune fan. if i could use Luc, id also put him in my party.