getting a Pale Gate Rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
waterchampion

getting a Pale Gate Rune

Post by waterchampion »

i need to find a pale gate rune and i got the one at the iksay supply shop but i cant get the one at the flame champion''s hideaway i tried and i got 2 old books then i tried the corpes again and got an anti toxin and a barrier rune how do u get the pale gate rune though

from KFCrispy: i changed the topic
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Pesmerga, please try to read the entire post before responding.

From waterchampion's original post:
"...and i got the one at the iksay supply shop...."

Save at the Inn in Chisha Village and loot the corpse in the Flame Champion Hideaway. If you don't get the Pale Gate Rune, reset and try again. I believe this is the rare item that can be obtained from the corpse. It may take you many attempts.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It would be nice if you had a champion rune on a high level character too.

'm not sure if this works, but try bringing a party with a high combined Luck stat. I got the Water Magic ring in the first try by doing this. I wasn't as lucky with the Pale Gate rune, but I didn't really care about getting one.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

You just keep trying. As Kuromimi said, it's called a rare item for a reason. It's rare: you aren't meant to literally trip over it.

If you don't feel like saving and reloading all the time, keep looting the corpse as you pass through the FCH. The FCH is a great leveling spot for much of the game so you should spend a lot of time there anyway. Over the course of the whole game, I usually end up with three or four. So keep trying.

Other than the freebie, it's the only place to get them. Just be patient.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

I forget, but i may have gotten one from a semi-boss aswell... At any rate, i tend to find them at the furtherest skeleton in the FCH.

I never used them though. Well I tried them to see the attacks, but didn't use them after that, I didn't like how it limited who could use it to the uber mages that i never use.

Related thought - The strongest attack with the ship, sometimes it does just the cannons in the animation ( Pale Palace equiv ), sometimes the woman on the front of the ship does the Empty World breath blast... what is with that? Does a higher proficiency mean a higher chance of the second part of the animation? I forget whether the damage was different tho...
waterchampion

Post by waterchampion »

i'm tried doing what the first guy said about the reset thing and thats not working i need the pale gate rune for that water dragon boss i sold the one at iksay village on accident :twisted: :evil:
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

if you tried what Kuromimi said and it didn't work then.. theres really no way you can get it.. you can try and Gameshark it, but that will kind'a rune the fun.

You should keep trying for the flame chap dead body it will train you and maybe get you strong enough to fight that boss without the rune. or you will find the rune and be happy :?

(just repeating what Zotmaster said :P)
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the items in the random bags get loaded before you enter the room that includes the bag.. so you need to be loading a save where you didn't get it loaded.

a quicker way than loading from the nearby town is saving in the Hideaway, and once you load, use an Escape Talisman to get to teh beginning
Yubar

Post by Yubar »

they sell the pale gate rune at the shop where geddeos base is,cant remember the name of the place,also they can sharpen your weapon quite high
Chaos is all I want, The suffering the pure screams of pain is what i thirst and i aim to please this hunger
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

They only sell the Pale Gate Rune in Caleria during the sixth point of view. The best source is the corpse in the Flame Champion's Hideaway.
adrenachrome336

Post by adrenachrome336 »

if u already have a pale gate rune, why do u need another for the water dragon? 1 is plenty, give it to Viki or Estella, or Joker :(
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Because he sold his on accident.
Kagematsuri

Post by Kagematsuri »

In my main save I think I have around six Pale Gate runes. I simply went back to the FC Hideaway whenever I wanted to level up and checked the body on the right every time I went back.

Adrenachrome, it's nice to have more than one because of all the characters that can use it (Viki, Viki, Estella, Joker, and Sasarai off the top of my head). The first level spell is pretty useful (that is, if it works) and you won't have to constantly run back to Jeane.
Stallion wrote:Related thought - The strongest attack with the ship, sometimes it does just the cannons in the animation ( Pale Palace equiv ), sometimes the woman on the front of the ship does the Empty World breath blast... what is with that? Does a higher proficiency mean a higher chance of the second part of the animation? I forget whether the damage was different tho...
There's two different animations? Granted, I hardly use that spell but I've still never seen a different animation or even seen a woman on the front of the ship. And isn't Pale Palace the spell with the Water Dragon?