Hugo vs Percival & Leo in Zexay

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Kenshi

Hugo vs Percival & Leo in Zexay

Post by Kenshi »

hey, I just started Suiko 3
I am in Hugo's chapter
...i am at the part where you must escape the city (after handing over the doc. to the council). I am having trouble with the knights. call me dumb i kno i kno...i dunno y this part is hard for me...wth!? i usually never get stuck in rpgs...i never once got stuck in Suiko 4.

any help plz

>_<
^_^
thnx
~~kenshi
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Two things you can do here. Either fight the battle, making sure to not die
before it automatically ends, or choose the other option, which will avoid the fight with Leo and Percival all-together.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenshi

Post by Kenshi »

how exactly can I avoid the fight?

(& thnx for this much :) )
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Choose the option you haven't chosen yet. I don't know which one is which, but just choose the other one, and not the one you've been choosing up until now.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenshi

Post by Kenshi »

ya
i did just that
thnx a bunch Jowy
^_^
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

me too but my problem is fighting the 1 knight and 2 infantry, lol they do to much damage and since theres lack of funds i cant really get any good armour to fight them, this is even before u have to fight leo and percival, never mind now lol i've just done it, i lvled upout side, it was a lucky fight managed to get the duck to cast lvl 2 water spell
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

skills is a very important aspect to this game; make sure you spend your skill points when you can!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

the battle ends in 3 turns or when one of the characters gets KOed or critical.
I think you can lose the fight though, the story continues. Something comes to save you.
Strategy is the key to victory!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If you choose to face them, I suggest you upgrade Sgt. Joe's Water Magic to B+. Breath of Ice would help lots in this battle. You might want to upgrade Hugo's Swing to A as well. He gets his second shot at around 85 SPD, and it's a big help in taking down the knights. If you're patient enough, you could also boost his Heavy Damage and Accuracy to A, though I've beaten the knights without it.

If you got lucky and got 1st or 2nd prize in the lottery in Zexay or Duck Village, you could upgrade their weapons to Level 7, and buy Lightning Leather in the Rarity list at Brass Castle. Those upgrades would be a help.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:the battle ends in 3 turns or when one of the characters gets KOed or critical.
Not really. I intentionally killed Lulu in my fight with them and the battle continued. Maybe it will end if all of them get KO'ed. I do know it will end in three turns, which makes it very challenging.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

well first time through, battle ended when Sgt. Joe got KOed...,
second time through i ended in a draw (the battle just ended)
Third time through i got Percival critical and the battle ended.
I considered that a victory and continued with the game (same story scene after the battle, no matter what happens).

Somehow, Lulu is an exception to this though. Yes, it continues if Lulu get KO-ed.

Funny thing, the Marshall guarding the Guild Hall doesn't try to arrest you when you talk to him while escaping Vinay del Zexay.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, first time this happened to me, Lulu was KOed and the fight continued.
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

i just replay suikoden 3 and i have the battle ended when percival KO, Leo critical. But i just continue the game, assumed that is consider a victory.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

I'm pretty sure there is a limit on the turns in this battle.
Also, perhaps the battle continues because Lulu isn't a 108 star and you'll lose him soon after this battle for good anyway.

Yes, don't bother wasting potch and time on Lulu just so you don't become an idiot and spend hours trying to max Lulu's skills, hehe.
Black Knight Yuber

...beginner in Zexay

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

The battle will end in like 3-5 turns or so. You can put them to sleep with Hugo's wind of sleep attack the marshals then Percival or Leo. No matter what Fubar makes the save. Also the music that plays is the theme for a treasure boss unlike battle music for the knights.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Third time through i got Percival critical and the battle ended.
I noticed this too, I had Sgt. Joe's Water Skill at max, and in the first round used Breath of Ice to weaken every one, second round I finished off the knights and Lulu died, Sgt. Joe and Hugo went berserk, third round Sgt. Joe dealt x2 damage on Leo and he went down, Hugo did x2 on Percival and he got weak. Battle ended. I just thought that the time was up, maybe it was cause Percival got weak...might have to test that.