Hugo vs Percival & Leo in Zexay

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Percival and Leo can be defeated though. that's how you win and get the EXP.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

How's that not to let time run out. Have all your guys maxed out or fight a crap load of battles. Then when you fight them you can kill them in 4 turns or less. Or is it a Gameshark¿
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

So basically the battle ends if

A. after a certain number of turns if no 108 star is KOed.

B. a 108 star is KOed before the turn limit.

So if you want to truly win this battle, you have to KO Leo and Percival in the SAME attack phase before the turn limit, while also keeping Sgt. Joe and Hugo alive, good luck with that.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Black Knight Yuber

Curse those jomocans! If Fubar was there he'd teach them a lesson.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is that really the case? i'm pretty sure i've knocked out Percival and had Leo on berserk and he almost killed my characters ... then i beat him the next turn. bleh, i need a bunch of memory cards indexing different points in the game.... no time to start over to get here or to Thomas chap2 and other sections >_<
Black Knight Yuber

Leo & Percival are 100% beatable. The match will go for about 4 turns or so. Hugo's shredding is painful it deals about 350 damage to 2knights, Leo, Percival. You could also use Lulu's SOC to Enhance his attack. 2 Breath Of Ice from Sgt. Joe and they're history. You can win the battle in 2 turns. As long as the characters magic skills are a B you'll win easily.
Formation
Sgt. Joe Lv22 default armor
Water Magic B
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hugo Lv22 default armor
Wind Magic B
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lulu Lv22 default armor
Sword Of Cyclone
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

There you go, another hard battle conquered.

yea, i would also support this strategy cause you're using magic attacks which is more effective and will do more damage than just physically attacking these knights.

Nice job, Black Knight Yuber.
Strategy is the key to victory!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Ooh yeah. I totally forgot about Hugo's Wind Rune. I always did this thing physically. Great advice!
fieryshadowcard

Re: Hugo vs Percival & Leo in Zexay

Post by fieryshadowcard »

Don't mean to necro a thread that's been dead for 6 years, but I figure I'd post my own strategy for dealing with Percival and Leo in Hugo Chap 1.

Much like the previous strategy suggested, the formation should have Hugo, Lulu, and Sgt. Joe in separate groups; you'll need to control all three manually. Mine, however, places Hugo in the red group, Lulu in blue, and Sgt. Joe in yellow. I also have only Sgt. Joe's Water Magic at rank B+. Hugo's Wind Magic has been removed for Repel, and Lulu's Sword of Cyclone Rune has been unequipped for another Wind Rune (no wind magic training).

The enemy's formation consists of 2x2, with two unnamed knights in front, Percival in the back on the left, and Leo in the back on the right. This strategy should flatten them in 3 rounds instead of 2, provided Lulu can get The Shredding off in time.

Round 1: Send Hugo ahead to attack the unnamed knight on the front left. Have Lulu prepare The Shredding, and have Sgt. Joe prepare Breath of Ice, centered on Leo. Regardless of whether or not Hugo manages to kill his target, his primary purpose during the first round is to provide cover for Lulu, so that Percival and the knights are unable/unlikely to attack him. Lulu has also been positioned dead center in the group so that Leo cannot reach him in the first round. At the end of round 1, Percival should have attempted to attack Hugo, and the knight Hugo attacked should be dead, whether by his own hand or Sgt. Joe's Breath of Ice. Hugo should also have been able to dodge Sgt. Joe's Breath of Ice (if he did not, don't give up just yet). Leo and the other knight should have attacked Sgt. Joe.

Round 2: Have Hugo attack Percival. By this point, Swing and Continual Attack should be capped, allowing Hugo to get in quite a bit of damage against Percival. This strategy only accounts for battles where Percival either does not cast Kindness Drops or fails to get it off in time. Sgt. Joe should cast his second Breath of Ice, which should finish off the second unnamed knight. Ideally, Lulu will dodge the breath if he's in its area of effect--if he doesn't, it shouldn't threaten his casting anyway. Again Leo should attempt an attack on Sgt. Joe, who is also providing cover for Lulu. If all things have gone well, Lulu's The Shredding should finish off Percival and leave Leo near-death.

Round 3: Auto attack should be enough to finish what remains of Leo's health.

This strategy utilizes 3 lvl 25 characters as opposed to 3 lvl 22, with everyone capped for Damage, Lulu and Hugo capped for Swing, Continual Attack, Repel, and Accuracy (surprisingly, at lvl 25 Lulu does start seeing results from Swing and Continual Attack), and everyone's weapons upgraded to lvl 7. Defensive equipment is irrelevant, as Sgt. Joe can take hits like a champ and this strategy relies on Hugo and Lulu's ability to dodge attacks. This strategy also (obviously) requires more effort and time than the previously mentioned one with considerably less payoff for the min/maxer, with its only advantage being that it does not require anyone to be proficient in Wind Magic (which is good if you've gotten to a point in the game where you can no longer travel freely between Vinay del Zexay and Brass Castle for tutoring).