Chris vs. Lucia

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
YuberClone

Chris vs. Lucia

Post by YuberClone »

My first time through s3, Chris and Lucia dueled in chapter 2 in front of the Lizard Clan. however i'm now playing through again and they didn't duel.. does anyone know what makes this difference??

are there any other places where the story changes like this?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If you play Hugo Chapter 2 before Chris Chapter 2, you won't see them duel. However, if you do Chris Chapter 2 first, you'll see the duel between them two.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

That, and I think you have to pick a couple of correct options in the pre-duel dialogue.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
YuberClone

chris vs lucia?

Post by YuberClone »

highwind, do you know of any other scenarios in s3 that change depending on the order you play the first three chapters??
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hugo Chapter 1 - Chris Chapter 1

If you play Hugo first, you'll see their confrontation at Brass Castle, and Hugo has a choice of dueling Chris at the razing of Karaya Village. I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you'll see the scene at Brass Castle if you play Chris Chapter 1 first, and while you still see the scene with Hugo at Karaya Village, the dueling won't happen.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

You'll still see the scene at Brass Castle. It's just from Chris' point of view.

There is also a scene at Budehuc Castle involving Chris. I think it has to do with Chris and Thomas' chapters. Something about going to Budehuc with Chris before playing Thomas' chapters or something?
~Blue Thunder~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Does Hugo actually duel Chris, or is he interrupted by Joe like I remember? I've played Hugo before Chris a few times before, and I've never dueled Chris at Karaya.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I believe while playing Hugo, you have the choice to attack Chris (which result in a duel, where Chris just defends until it ends. Unwinnable, I believe.) or question her why this happened (the Karaya razing).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Ok, I was just making sure. I was sure Joe holds you back, but I guess not.
DivineDragoonKain

Post by DivineDragoonKain »

She doesn't just defend... The first move she pulled on me was a Deathblow. I got her health under half, but the duel ends after three turns, I believe. It should be perfectly possible to win if you're strong enough.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Ok, I was just making sure. I was sure Joe holds you back, but I guess not.
I think that only happens if you've played Chris' scenario first. In that case you don't get a choice to duel her, you just get held back. I could be wrong as I'm only going from memory.

Edit: Oh, was that already said? I must be loosing it. Well . . . I agree with what was said earlier then.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, I just chose the other option, and Hugo does indeed duel Chris. Chris can Attack, Defend, and use her Deathblow, but the battle ends before either one can best the other. She mostly Defends, if anyone cares.
avenger

Re: Chris vs. Lucia

Post by avenger »

i got chris down to three red bars ... that was my best so far.
i should play again to see if i can actually defeat her.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can probably defeat her if you use a cheating device (such as CodeBreaker or GameShark). Otherwise it's impossible.
avenger

Post by avenger »

guah ha ha good old codebreaker , yep that's what i'll do next....