Sarah and the Pale Gate rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Stallion

Sarah and the Pale Gate rune

Post by Stallion »

Sarah has MASSIVE affulancy with Pale Gate ( the best? ), and yet a Flowing rune permanently attached to her head. What is up with that.

Not only that, in the map battles against her, she USED Pale Gate magic and completely obliterated two of my best parties!!

So much power, but only against me... TT_TT
Yohan Leafheart

Pissed off

Post by Yohan Leafheart »

I got pissed of with that too. Come one, they cuoldn't be more wrong making this mistakes. The flowing rune could be attached somewhere else...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Stallion, you're sure it wasn't Luc who used the Gate? there are many setups like Sarah's that contradict each other, like Sgt. Joe's Chant Volume, which is most likely a simple mistake (but costly!), Rody with S in magic sword, Chris having the next-highest rank in the game but no free slots at the end, and i read on gamefaqs that Kenji can't even equip a Jongleur Rune! he should get a free rune slot at exactly level 40.... http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/gu ... eslots.php
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

He's correct. I myself have suffered at the hands of her Pale Gate Magic. This was during your last battle with her at the ceremonial site.

Just a side note KFCrispy, by the time you recruit him at level 97 using the level 99 trick, I believe he gets 2 availiable slots.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

She used it on me during the last grand battle. I had to damage Yuber, but disregarded her and she flanked me using Pale Gate magic.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I know.
I orignally thought that Yuber was going to be tough, And he was but I managed to beat him 1 time.
I then went into a battle with Sarah and thought she was going to be a pushover.Was I wrong,she used her Pale Gate magic on me and killed 1 of my party members.Then in the next turn she used Kindness Rain and healed all the damage I gave her in the first round. :x It took me at least 6 times before I defeated her.But she still one of my favorite chacters in Suiko3. :)

BTW another reason that battle was hard IMO was the Azzodesses.Their dark attacks gave silent status to 4 of my party members.Hate those damn monsters.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

They probably wanted to give the players some challenge, because if Sarah used the Pale Gate Rune, she'd be able to defeat battles against the "player's side" very easily using the 1st level spell.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

To clarify what I said, while Stallion felt the wrath of the pale gate at the major war battle, I got hit with it during the retaking of the True Water Rune.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
runehart

Post by runehart »

Granted I agree that Sarah does use Pale Gate magic in the game and shouldn't, I do think that anyone who sidesteps a main mage character and doesn't find it a threat, they should be killed off by any means. lol 8) j/k
Sasarai825

Post by Sasarai825 »

Just use silent lake on her, no more pale gate. It's fun to watch attempt to hit you with her staff, though
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

RageRune wrote:I know.
I orignally thought that Yuber was going to be tough, And he was but I managed to beat him 1 time.
Yuber for me was Insainly HARD it took my like a billion trys I quit the game for a while adn started a new one just because he was soo hard. Everyone else Luc, Sarah was so easy. The Suped Up Wind Rune was hard it took me a while to because I alwasy used magic on that earth rune when it used its conter spell. :P
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Sasarai825

Post by Sasarai825 »

Yuber wasn't really that bad. I just assulted him with lots of spells
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the best game against Yuber and basically ALL of the map battles is to have a tank with Firefly and increased counter-attack rate. everyone else can drop like flies by attacking him and getting countered themselves, but old tanky will take care of everyone eventually!

the tank should have decent magic protection and status protectiontoo, if he's going up against those magical enemies. i recommend Fred and/or Twaikin. Fred needs to trade off super-duper high defense for Gold Emblems and maybe a Yellow Scarf, and Twaikin is pretty much good to go once his skills are increased. they might take ~100 points of dmg from Yuber's Rune, but he only uses it once. just use Mangosh on both of them. Fred is superior in the guard/counter aspect due to his skill, of course, but Twaikin actually will have a better chance of attacking Yuber successfully every round with his B+ in Accuracy.

hey, does status protection work against instant death? if it does, then you can probably have a protected group fight Luc in the beginning of Chapter 4.. he uses Pale Gate much more often than his True Wind.
Teo Mcdohl

Post by Teo Mcdohl »

my favorite tank charicter was leo he has a rock hard defence and a very strong attack
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Sasarai825 wrote:Just use silent lake on her, no more pale gate. It's fun to watch attempt to hit you with her staff, though
Huh You mean Silent Lake can be used on bosses? I never tried that on bosses before cause I always doubt it will not work.

Yuber used to be the best enemy I ever have to fight with. Most of my fights with him leave only one or two character standing at the end of the battle o_O