Safir clan?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
chieflewal

Re: Safir, et Flame Champion

Post by chieflewal »

Vextor wrote:Yep, Sana was refering to the entire Grassland in that particular quote.

The FC comes from no particular clan, but comes from an area close to where his hideout is located.
Vextor wrote:Yep, Sana was refering to the entire Grassland in that particular quote.

The FC comes from no particular clan, but comes from an area close to where his hideout is located.

Then you can effectively determine his place of origin by looking at a map. The closest place to his hideaway is obviously Chisha. This leaves his clan of origin up to a few factors:

First, let's cover the clans he is NOT from.
1) Duck clan-- he is not a duck.
2) Lizard clan-- same concept.
3) Alma Kinan-- most likely anyway, given that there are no men in Alma Kinan.
4) Karaya-- he sure doesn't look Karayan to me.
Not to mention the fact that if he were Karayan, then they would probably remember that THE HERO OF THE FIRE BRINGER WAR was from there and maybe one of them would have mentioned it at some point don't you think? The same goes for Alma Kinan and Chisha, because though they are pretty secretive places, you're kinda "in the circle of trust" you know?

- Next, it would appear that the Flame Champion etched out a hideaway at the ruins with the intent of being with Sana, who is most certainly from Chisha.
- Harmonia took Safir first in its invasion at the end of the truce (as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igsYhzDJ ... re=related at about 2:57)

READ- They were to do this from La Buque, which is part of the Harmonian annex south of Chisha (as you can see here: http://www.duefiumi.com/pictures/world_map.jpg). So, if they were attacking Safir first, from La Buque, then Safir would have to be somewhere between La Buque and Safir (check the map), otherwise, well, why wouldn't they attack Chisha first? And even if Safir WAS further north, or east, or halfway to Dunan, or ANYWHERE ELSE other than the vicinity of Chisha for that matter, why would they want to check Safir first in the first place? Unless they had some sort of notion that he might be there.

So, from this we can deduce that Chisha is probably the closest place to Safir. This leaves only a couple possibilities. Primarily, the Flame Champion was originally from the Safir clan and fell in love with Sana from the neighboring Chisha clan (again, she probably would have mentioned his being from her village in her story).
- Given that no one in all of the Grasslands mentions his origin in your travels (you'd think there'd be a "Boyhood home of the Flame Champion!" sign or something), he had to have been from one of the more backwater areas around the Harmonian border. And whichever clan he's from may have even decided to keep his being from them a secret (READ: this would allow Harmonia to defeat the clan without ever figuring out he was from there, their secret taken to the grave-- i.e. Safir).

- Which, consequently, brings up one last possibility (though it's as distant a possibility as his being from Chisha, and almost as distant as his being from Alma Kinan): the people of La Buque, the former Kanaa clan, did change the name of the altar on Mt. Senai from "Flame Champion's altar" to "altar of the mantor trainers". This was done to protect the location from destruction by Harmonia. Revisiting the idea that whatever clan he was from had agreed to keep his place of origin a secret, this could mean that the Flame Champion was from the Kanaa clan-- an idea given even greater weight by Harmonia's treatment of those people (a hero escaping the enslavement of his people to rally an army and rise up against the oppressors...)

Ultimately, I'd say he was most likely from Safir due to its close proximity to Chisha and the secretive nature of the clans in that region of the Grasslands, though Kanaa takes second with a clan like Chisha-- mmmmaybe Alma Kinan-- starting to trail more (then a very distant Karaya, and... well, I WILL NOT concede that it could be Duck or Lizard, or any kind of Duck/Lizard hybrid for that matter). Which isn't even necessarily to say that that was Konami's intention, but this is what we're left to deduce-- with what they've (probably inadvertently) left us to work with.

So my money's on Safir, and OP, well, I believe I've answered your question as well as... AND effectively determined the location of the Safir, making me some kind of Indiana Jones of 4th century Suiko-archeology...

Thank you ladies and gentleman, next class we will discuss the Flame Champion's name, be prepared for a pop quiz :!:

Chief Lewal
Civil servant, freelance educator
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Safir clan?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

A lot words to reach the conclusion of the Flame Champion being from one of the human clans.

And all that after you already quoted his real origin.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Re: Safir clan?

Post by eldrasidar »

of course, this all assumes that he was from a clan at all.