Safir clan?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
The Black Knight

Safir clan?

Post by The Black Knight »

What is the Safir clan.

Is it the people of La bouqe?
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

The Safir clan is mentioned but they are wiped out by Harmonia without it ever being seen or visited.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

I am hoping that they explain it more in the suiko' manga.... :D
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

there is a brief shot of thier leader in the manga volume 4...its only the back shot but it shows the Six Clan's chief standing with Wyatt...from what I see he/she has Shoulder lenght hair, wears a headband, has some sort of scarf around thier neck...

ps. i gotta say that volume 4's chapter with Yun is prolly one of the best scene in Suikoden period...you can really sense how young but understanding (not to mention cute) Yun really was...it almost makes you wanna cry when she sacrifices herself.
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's the answer.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

For the most part, yes. Also, might I mention that Le Buque is inhabited by the Carna Tribe. At least I remember one of them saying they where called the Carna Tribe.

I really was dissapointed how the Safir clan wasn't included in any way in Suiko 3. It seems like they ran out of time or something and just left it there. If they had added the Safir clan to the war they would have had to made a village, a village Chief and maybe some SoD's to join the Fire Bringer. It would have sufficed just to add some survivors making their way to the Great Hollow or something and their surviving warrior joing for revenge. It would have added a little more to the game.
Hmm...
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

In Suikoden 2, the Safir and Karaya Clans were the only parts of the Grasslands ever mentioned. An Old Book (I think it was an Old Book, may have been a villager) said that Safir was a war-like clan that fought a lot with the Karaya.
~Blue Thunder~
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

THat's not true. One of the Old Books mentions the Karaya and Chisya Clans (later to become Chisha). I don't remember seeing the Safir Clan ever mentioned, but you might be right about them.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

Ah, thats right! It was Chisha! The name change is what screwed up my memory.

In any case, Chisha has never fought with karaya from what I know. They must have changed thier minds about Chisha when making Suikoden 3.
~Blue Thunder~
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Not to forget, the Chisha clans are big pacifists. Only known warrior from that place is the Flame Champion. Konami sures likes to improvise between games.
Hmm...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The FC is not confirmed to be a Chisha clan member. He has a relashionship with Sana, but that doesn't make him a Chisha member.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Sana said something along the lines of "This is the Homeland of the Flame Champion" when explaining why Harmonia was so admant into invading Chisha. Not to mention, the only other possibility based on Suikoden 3 facts is him being from the Safir clan.
Hmm...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

When she mentioned his homeland she was referring to the Grasslands, not just the Safir Clan.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Wait, I replayed the part again. Sana was mentioning that even if Chris had not resisted Harmonia's attack they would have resisted because it was the Home of the Flame Champion. I think it is safe to assume Chisha was the place he lived, if not the birthplace, of the Flame Champion. I can't say he was from there is 100% fact but it is the best assumption.
Hmm...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, Sana was refering to the entire Grassland in that particular quote.

The FC comes from no particular clan, but comes from an area close to where his hideout is located.