Area Bosses

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
nemesismkiii

Area Bosses

Post by nemesismkiii »

Is there a set encounter rate for them? I've beaten S3 4 or 5 times now and never had any problem with them before, but I started a new game today and in 6 hours of fighting I haven't encountered any with either Chris or Hugo.
Toasticles

Re: Area Bosses

Post by Toasticles »

I'm not really sure.

I know there must be some formula which governs the encounters with them but I don't know how exactly it works.

Sometimes when I'm playing I will encounter the area bosses frequently and other times I won't encounter one at all. Recently when playing the early chapters I encountered one as soon as I left Vinay del Zexay with Geddoe's team. I didn't have another with him until chapter 3. Chris didn't have a single one through chapter 3. Hugo and Thomas both had dozens of them.

In the end it is just a random encounter however I would wager that the longer you stay in an area the higher the chance is you'll encounter them.
nemesismkiii

Re: Area Bosses

Post by nemesismkiii »

I managed to find a couple with Geddoe, and I've been doing the lottery trick for two days...As soon as I get that first, it's back out to kill Peckles some more.

Anyone else like Geddoe's chapters the best? I guess it's because they feature my favorite Suikoden character ever. Duke!