Seeking Skill Advice

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
knight85

Seeking Skill Advice

Post by knight85 »

The skill system in this game is tying my brain in knots.

skills in suikoden 5 are way easier.

but here in 3, all this crap about holy dash and swing and continuous attack are driving me nuts. usually i just max out any skills that the characters learn naturally and that they start with on the optionals and figure the rest out. but i'm not so sure now.

with that in mind i'm here today seeking advice on skill builds for different kinds of characters.

i'm not asking for a character by character guide. just a general idea of what i should aim for.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Seeking Skill Advice

Post by wataru14 »

Accuracy and Damage are good for everyone (except mages). If you have someone who uses small weapons (fists/claws, shuriken, one-handed swords, etc.), you want Swing and Holy Dash to maximize the number of attacks they get. Ignore those for large weapon users (spears, axes, polearms, bows) since they cap out early. Use Armor Protect on heavy armor users like the Zexen Knights, Repel on everyone else.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Prioritize Swing and Holy Dash, next is Damage then whatever you want.
If you are Zexen Knight, you might want to max Parry early.

Of course you should max Heavy Damage when it's available unless you only use Unite Attacks to damage enemies
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i was able to get a hunter rune from the chest at mount senai with geddoe. how should i set up a character to use it?

i was actually considering using jacques so i could try for some rage runes, but i read somewhere yesterday that the hunter rune is better for multi attack characters
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

Generally I have always put it on the characters who had the most attacks. My logic was that the more attacks I get the more chances I have of actually getting an item.

I could be wrong there though as I gave up using that rune to try and get items a long time ago and haven't messed with it since
knight85

Post by knight85 »

it's mainly rage and thunder rune's i'm after