Thomas chapters

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Svallkille

Thomas chapters

Post by Svallkille »

Which are the pro and cons of skiping Thomas chapters?
Antimatzist

Re: Thomas chapters

Post by Antimatzist »

Con: Thomas chapters are the best
Pro: The game will be 2h or so shorter.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

If you skip Thomas's chapters you can still get 108 stars, but you miss several Crowning Moments of Awesome and a few heartwarming scenes. Thomas' chapters are what Suikoden is really all about distilled into two short chapters.
Pen

Post by Pen »

Thomas chapters really are optional, but a good chunck of backstory and characterization are lost in the process. For a RPG, that thrive in these concepts, it's a big loss, if you ask me.
Svallkille

Post by Svallkille »

What about runes and stuff?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

You'll miss some free items, but afaik nothing special, unique or missable.
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

I think Thomas' chapters are actually my favorite.

I love Hugo and thoroughly enjoy playing as him but there is something about playing with Thomas that feels extra rewarding.

I mean you start out with nothing but if you take your time and do it right you can build the castle and the small group of people you can recruit up to be equally as good as the three main heroes and their parties.

That requires a lot of grinding through battle after battle though and I understand a lot of people don't have the patience for that especially after playing with higher level people with good gear for most of the game.

Still it is a challenge albeit an incredibly rewarding one and well worth the investment whether you rush through just for story or take the time to make Thomas great.