[INFO] PSN Suikoden III File With Suikoden II Data

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
John Layfield

[INFO] PSN Suikoden III File With Suikoden II Data

Post by John Layfield »

Howdy. With the release of Suikoden III on PSN, I have here a Suikoden III Saved Data Utility (PS2) file with compatible Suikoden II data ready for the next time you play.

The link and information are available here but I'll post the guide again.

1. Download the file linked above.

2. Unzip the file onto a USB stick, keep all directories intact.

3. Insert the USB stick into your PS3.

4. On your PS3, browse to Game > Saved Data Utility (PS2) > Your USB Stick

5. Choose to import the Suikoden III file. If you already have a Suikoden III file, you will be asked to override it. Do so.

6. Start your PS2 Classics Suikoden III game.

7. Start a new game and when asked to import data from Suikoden II, select Memory Card slot 1. A Suikoden II save should await you.

8. Load it and play on!

NOTES
1. I do not know if this will work outside of North America but it won’t damage your PS3 to try. If it fails, just delete the saved data in the Saved Data Utility (PS2) section and start your game again.

2. As importing overwrites your old PS2 Classic Suikoden III saves, if you have made progress in Suikoden III you want to keep, make a back up first and import that back in with the steps above if you don’t want to keep this file.

3. Old Tenkai/Castle names cannot be changed, naturally.

4. This has been tested and works on my own NTSC PS3.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: [INFO] PSN Suikoden III File With Suikoden II Data

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Unfortunately this does not work for EU version. The ID for the game must be different cause this save doesn't attempt to overwrite the existing one.

That said, I wouldn't mind knowing how it was done, maybe I could create one that works for EU.

EDIT: Well, that was easier than imagined. All you need to do is rename the NPUD00294 folder to NPED00294 and it will work. Thanks a bunch.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

Ha, I didn't think it would be that easy. I was thinking "If I can grab the European Save Data Utility, maybe..."

Thanks for the quick help with that! I've added an additional file for European players.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

awesome!! and castle/hero names??? thank god they are the official :D

but problem is i don't have a PS3,but i'll buy one just for it :lol:
mezzo

Post by mezzo »

It's a year late, but could anyone tell me how it was done? I would really like to try it with one of my saves.
Decimus

Post by Decimus »

The link doesn’t work anymore. :(

Does anyone have an extra copy of that save?
SickMinder

Post by SickMinder »

Good evening people!

I'm enjoying the hell out of Suikoden II right now and Suikoden III is waiting to be played on my PS3 once I'm done. It's the 'PS2 Classic'-version---and since the links to the save doesn't work here anymore I'd like to ask if anyone could make a new link to the save-file please =)