Not being able to purchase Lottery Tickets

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Rooks

Not being able to purchase Lottery Tickets

Post by Rooks »

Sorry if this has come up before, but a search yielded no results of this.

I am starting a newer playthrough of SIII, and in Hugo Ch. 1, upon arrival in Duck Village shortly after leaving Karaya, I am unable to purchase any lotto tickets. The top two options at the LottSpot, "Buy" and "CashIn" are actually greyed out and I cannot even highlight them.

Variables in Play:
This is a PS2 disc and Console (no emulation or hacked saves)
Chris Ch1 completed, Geddoe Ch1 not completed
Chris Lv 99 trick completed
Current Play Time: 30:49
Lotto Period #89

I find this odd, as I have never had this happen in 12 years of playing this game lol. Even after doing the Chris lv 99 trick before, I remember having the ability to play the lotto in Hugo and Geddoe's chapters. Is there a maximum number of Iterations that the lotto can have? Have I lost the ability to play it somehow?

UPDATE: after roughly 1/2 hour of just sitting on Plain Amur, I can now buy tickets. The Period changed over to Results #90, Tickets #91. Before, both the board and the LottSpot were at iteration period #89. Perhaps I just hit a dead zone during an update of the iteration period? However, I did reset and try again several times, all with the results being greyed-out Buy and CashIn options.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Not being able to purchase Lottery Tickets

Post by KFCrispy »

i've never seen that... the only thing i would think of is that the inventory was full, but you likely checked that.
Rooks

Re: Not being able to purchase Lottery Tickets

Post by Rooks »

Nope, inventory was near-empty. As I said, this was just at the start of Hugo 1, moving out to Duck Village as soon as possible. Again, I encountered the same thing in Geddoe Ch 1, as soon as I got out of the VdZ inn, I went over to the board and it was greyed out. This time, I had not even left the city. Again, the lotto period and results period matched and I was unable to buy.

After sitting on the world map for about 5-10 minutes, things cleared up once the periods changed.

This is still rather odd, though, as I have done Chris lv 99 before and this never happened. I doubt it is a result of the game timer running that long in Chapters 1.

Overall, this appears to be a rather minor bug, as a turn-over in the iteration period seems to clear it up just fine. But resetting, both hard and soft, does not clear things up. Somehow, my characters may have been flagged as purchasing 10 tickets already for that period, thus preventing any further purchase. But, Chris cannot play the lotto, and these are the first opportunities in the game to do so at all. This does not explain why the sales period and the results period match one another, though.