Troll Dragons hate Roland?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's not always reasonable to bother with setting up AI rules. i think this game made it a bit useful because you must use those archers in those chapters no matter what.
Fugen

Post by Fugen »

adrich wrote:Some enemies seem to naturally target certain types of fighters. For example, in my experience, Nariquas (in the Flame Champion Hideaway) always seem to target female characters.
Or 'silly' characters.
Once I had Augustine in my party and every girl was ignored in favour of him by the Nariqua.
ender_maker wrote:It seems to me that enemies like to attack archers, whcih makes sense; archers can reach them no matter where they are and because of the distance factor, they will be harder to attack by any physical means. Smart AI, I tell ya
On another note, I find it strange that Aila doesn't count as an 'archer' - either for William Tell or for airborne enemies.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Actually, the Nariqua might've targeted Augustine because they thought he was a woman.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Nariquas target Nei over Chris or Ayame.

Just a random tidbit as I was doing some testing for other stuff today. Maybe we should start compiling a ranking of the Nariquas favorites? It doesn't seem to be based on stats, as Ayame had a lower Luck, Defense, MDEF, and HP than Nei, and they targetted Nei.
Fugen

Post by Fugen »

Piccolo, too, is targeted over some females.

Cecille>Piccolo> Mel + Alanis.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Eh, I just found something else. They don't strictly go for certain characters, distance apparently is a factor.

Because I later put Ayame in the first spot(where Nei was before), and Nei somewhere else, and they started going for Ayame. So apparently the first spot is the most heavily targetted one.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Troll Dragons hate Roland?

Post by KFCrispy »

archers and mages are typically known to have lower survivability, so perhaps the AI is setup to try to take out these weak characters.
highwind44029

Re:

Post by highwind44029 »

Fugen wrote:On another note, I find it strange that Aila doesn't count as an 'archer' - either for William Tell or for airborne enemies.
She also doesn't get Sharpshoot. I don't think the game classifies her as an archer. Can she equip the Great Hawk Rune?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

of course she's an archer and she can equip the Great Hawk Rune. Sharpshoot is a skill that helps characterize an archer's specialty but it's not a mandatory skill.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Wow, Piccolo today told me an interesting fortune that confirms that Luck does play a role in determining who gets attacked:
Piccolo wrote:Hmmm... Humans with bad luck are a magnet for attacks during battle."
Now this may not apply to the "special AI" enemies like Troll Dragons and Nariqua, but it is possible that normal short-range enemies will choose their target based on the LUK values of the available targets....
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Refering to the other (locked) thread: Annoyance was my opinion, surely it wasn't just me that got annoyed with ONLY my archers getting attacked...?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.