III has the most messed up SoD lineup (spoilers)

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
bluemask

III has the most messed up SoD lineup (spoilers)

Post by bluemask »

I mean...

Inside conflict - Rikimaru/Ayame (not sure of 5.. haven't completed it yet)
Frenemies - Sasarai
Enemies - Destroyers
Underdog Tenkai (in case the role of the Tenkai is not limited to gathering the stars...).
Two Vikis
Modern-Looking SoD - Kenji and Jefferson (maybe Billy)

Not star related but: No Leknaat intervention despite 5 true runes being involved.

:/

Edit: I mean Watari not Rikimaru...
Last edited by bluemask on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-runes

Re: III has the most messed up SoD lineup (spoilers)

Post by sticky-runes »

Don't you mean Watari and Ayame?

The Destroyers thing is the weirdest part, though. We don't actually get to gather 108 stars of destiny, it's more like we gather 105, and the last three are added to the tablet after that. It would be kinda like gathering 105 stars in suikoden 1 and finding out Windy, Yuber and Neclord are the last three.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yeah, would be 'great' if Luca and Jowy were stars in II, too.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

It's one thing when you recruit enemies, like the generals in S1 and Kiba and Klaus in S2, because they realize their homeland has been corrupted and consider your enemies a mutual threat, but Luc, Sarah and Yuber don't join you, they are the final bosses that you end up defeating at the end. They're not with us during events in S3, they are against us, so they should not be included among the 108. It's just silly.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

@sticky - Yeah.. I mean Watari (man, I was thinking of another game!). Woops I forgot the generals... my bad. Though in a sense, I think Sasarai is more of a conditional SoD because he only joins the good guys since Luc is the enemy.

I thought SoDs are supposed to be an army of those willing to end some sort of conflict. But adding the Destroyers in the list somewhat complicates things even more.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

bluemask wrote: I thought SoDs are supposed to be an army of those willing to end some sort of conflict. But adding the Destroyers in the list somewhat complicates things even more.
Ideally, all the SODs should be on the same side fighting against the same threat. Whatever they're reasons are - if they're trying to avert a magical catastrophe, or because they're defending the freedom of their homeland, or because they just happen to be a killer for hire and are currently on a contract with the hero, or even if they're just bored and decide to join the hero's cause for sh!ts and giggles, they should really all be on the same side.

I've always had the feeling that once a character agrees to work for you or fight for you, then that's the character accepting his or her part in your destiny to resolve a conflict and restore balance to the true runes.

But Luc, Sarah and Yuber don't fricking join us. They're the ones bringing about the catastrophe that we're trying to prevent. Surely it should be the 108 stars uniting against them.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Albert is also an SOD. Why do you leave him out?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Because we forgot about him because he's boring.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

It's simple why they are SoD...because if we get everyone else then we'll have an extra bonus chapter with Luc's point of view,so that's why they're added on the list.
But "normally" they should use the other 4 non-star dogs as SoD instead of the 4 destroyers.

Tenkai's role supposed to be to gather all the stars together wasn't it. So Thomas is the one who gathers everyone together in his castle.

But Suikoden 3 is different than other SUikodens don't forget...you were against an illusional army of Harmonians,Zexens,Karayans,Lizards and Ducks :mrgreen: :lol:

edit: only Le Buque forces seem to be real,before Luc lost their support by chapter 5
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Even if there's Luc's POV, it won't change the fact that they're still the enemy. They never changed sides however you look at it. If that's the case, then Yuber should've been an SoD from S1 to 3 then.

The Tenkai and Modern-looking SoD is more of a personal complain... to be honest :P
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

if you consinder Jefferson and Kenji out of place then how about Moroon who caries an ELECTRIC guitar,and dressed in modern leather jacket and sunglasses? he seemed to be the most out-of-sync SoD

Mao and Nao as well from S4 were out-of-sync...they looked more like they stepped out from a science fiction film and they don't fit in a place with pirates and mermaids :lol:
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Considering the fact that the Suikoden world has fully functioning robots with their own personalities, picking on dressing choices and their accessories may be trying too hard? This is a world where multiple people can claim inventing the very same thing in different location across hundreds of years, after all.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote: Mao and Nao as well from S4 were out-of-sync...they looked more like they stepped out from a science fiction film and they don't fit in a place with pirates and mermaids :lol:
I think Mao and Nao might be from another dimension or something.
They apparently just show up in a room that Tov doesn't even remember building (even though it's perfectly symmetrical with the rest of the ship's layout) But then those goggles they wear are often worn by inventors and alchemist type characters in loads of RPGs.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

patapi wrote:Considering the fact that the Suikoden world has fully functioning robots with their own personalities, picking on dressing choices and their accessories may be trying too hard? This is a world where multiple people can claim inventing the very same thing in different location across hundreds of years, after all.

You mean the elevator right? :lol:

Probably elevator was invented by the Sindar people,because an elevator device existed in Lake Castle,and the castle was built before Manu existed who was the first to claim that his invention was his own :roll:
sticky-runes wrote:
I think Mao and Nao might be from another dimension or something.
They apparently just show up in a room that Tov doesn't even remember building (even though it's perfectly symmetrical with the rest of the ship's layout) But then those goggles they wear are often worn by inventors and alchemist type characters in loads of RPGs.

Yet their overall look,is rather modern isn't it?

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... har_id=342

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... har_id=317
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I mean... a lot of the characters in 4 look fairly 19th or 20th century.