Data upload

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Data upload

Post by wataru14 »

Is there a way to upload a Suikoden 2 save made on the ePSXe emulator into Suikoden 3 using the PCSX2 emulator?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Data upload

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nope.

Well, I suppose if you are tech-savvy enough you might be able to MacGuyver something but there's no existing method that I'm aware of.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I found this topic where someone has a solution, but it seems no one except him can reproduce it lol. So you might wanna give it a try.
http://ngemu.com/threads/how-to-use-my- ... x2.120628/
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

That's sad. Is there a way to do it using a different PS1 emulator than ePSXe or is it completely impossible?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok a lot of people seem to have success with the instructions in the above mentioned thread, here they are.
http://ngemu.com/threads/how-to-use-my- ... st-1625527

So try it and maybe it will work.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, those instructions should work. You'll be pulling apart the PSX save into its constituent files, and essentially creating a PS2 save file from them, and inserting that file into a PS2 memory card image. It's not very difficult, but there are a lot of things you can do wrong. For instance, if you forget to change the save ID/file name when you create the PS2 save archive, it will have the wrong name in the memory card image. Then Suikoden III won't be able to find it, because the folder is name isn't what it expects.

And so far as I know, there isn't a PS2 emulator that does backwards compatibility, even just for reading memory cards through the BIOS.