How do you ease Thomas' burden to make his chapter easier?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

How do you ease Thomas' burden to make his chapter easier?

Post by gildedtalon »

If we recruit every possible recruitable character before starting Thomas' chapter, do we still need to recruit anyone when we play Thomas' chapter?

Which characters should we leave for Thomas?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Oliopro

Re: How do you ease Thomas' burden to make his chapter easie

Post by Oliopro »

I believe the point in the Thomas chapter 1 that checks for recruited characters includes characters recruited with the other characters. Also I think the 10 recruits number is wrong as I only recruited 4 optional characters to get past that point across all characters. I think it is more likely to do with if the character provides a service (ie. opens a shop) rather than recruits full stop.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I usually leave Mel, Twaikin, Kathy, Kenji, and Augustine for Thomas. Do not add Koroku to that list. I did that once and ended up with him leading an army unit at the Budehuc siege. He got killed nearly immediately.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I already put some statues, paintings, and ornaments. It should be easy enough now since Thomas can remove those items and then sell them for 300k potch

I put the Goddess Statue S, that's why. According to this site, it sells for 250k potch
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

When I do the Thomas Chapter, I often have left some artwork that he can sell off(I like the irony of Sebastian telling Thomas he's already sold all the artwork), but usually I spend my first few hours in his chapter making some lotto money while grinding up him and cecile. getting 500k is generally more than enough to keep him happy, especially since he's only major expense is weapon leveling.

Character's I often leave for him to recruit:
Mel, Billy, melville, Alanis, Eliot, Nei, Toppo, Shabon

You don't need to leave anyone for him to recruit though. As long as 10 people have been recruited by anyone, you'll be fine. Thomas doesn't strictly need anyone for any fighting either, although recruiting 2 additional fighters is nice, so that you can have a full party of 6 instead of 4. The real advantage of recruiting people for thomas is that you then don't need to spend as much time grinding. Thomas, Cecile, and Juan are three of the best characters in the game, but they require a ton of grinding to raise their skills to the max.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Stuck on the invincible knights battle, coz I only have four characters
Can't recruit any more characters since I have already recruited them with Hugo, Geddoe, and Chris

So how? Must I grind all the skills to the max? Which place has the best armor at this point?
Everyone's weapons are already at lvl 12
Oliopro

Post by Oliopro »

Your best chance is to get max Cecile's Armor and Shield Protect and get her the best gear she can get at this point in the game.
From buying at shops that is
-New Helm: Great Hollow armor shop (Not rare), Should also be sold by Dominic if you have him.
-New Armor: Rarity at the VdZ Armor shop.
-Iron Shield: A few armor shops and Dominic of course.
-Boots:
-Gauntlet:
-Flame Amulet: Rarity at the Brass Castle Armor Shop

You only have to survive this battle a certain number of turns, so just stay alive. You might want to put some Medicine in the gear of Thomas, Piccolo and Juan so you get more healing.

EDIT: Oh also. Sacrificial Jizos on all them. Get rid of the Flame Amulet on Cecile.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Okay, so it's up to Cecile's Shield Protect and Armor Protect

I got lots of rare armors now, Juan is using Turtle Tunic so that he starts the battle awake
Kite Shield is better so I'm using it

Juan and Thomas equip Sunbeam rune, Piccolo equip Earth rune for Clay Guardian

Gonna have to grind now
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Okay, that did it. Chapter 4 is gonna start tomorrow
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

For what it's worth some of the best stuff available in thomas's chapters are found by winning the various minigames.
Prosperity hat +11, pale moon leather +62, pale moon necklace +8, lightning magic ring are from horse racing
prosperity tunic +55, guardian shield +22, gloves of destiny +9, blue ribbon from goppu

grinding out thomas's parry and repel skills and adding haziness and counter runes to him makes him nearly impossible to kill, plus makes him parry like crazy.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

When I finished the Thomas chapter 2 yesterday, Thomas still doesn't have access to parry

I thought the minigame prizes for Thomas are crappy items as I seem to have done it before
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

you gotta grind thomas a ton. He picks up parry at level 30, and his second rune slot at 32.

I've gotten all of those items with thomas.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

I have left Thomas a full set of pots, some pictures, and a castle full of shops. The farmer Bart is pretty productive as well.

He can sell them for starting cash to buy lottery. With that he can buy goods from trader Scott to sell in towns.

But he can try for racing and betting.

He should have no problem with money.

Although, his recruits is another matter. The dwarf Twaikin, the dandy Augustine, the dog Kuroku, and the strange girl Mel should be all that he need. Though he can recruit the pair of ninja, I beleive it's best to leave them until chapter four so that a high level Champion can hire them with the best level gap-filled.
PLaying in characters instead of chapter is easier to fill that way.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There isn't much use of recruiting that many characters in other characters' chapters anyway, especially since Geddoe almost always have to use the same team of 6. Hugo and Chris may need a few additional members to complete their respective teams later on, but beyond those small number of stars, why not just leave everyone else for Thomas to realise his potential as the Tenkai Star and do the majority of the recruiting.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:I usually leave Mel, Twaikin, Kathy, Kenji, and Augustine for Thomas. Do not add Koroku to that list. I did that once and ended up with him leading an army unit at the Budehuc siege. He got killed nearly immediately.

Mel is best for Thomas chapter because she'll join at level 32 or so.

But if you wanna check different dialogues with Thomas,then you should leave every SoD who is available during his chapters to be recruited with him.

But i never found his chapter difficult as i remember....Juan and Picolo are pretty good fighter/mage respectively ,but during the last chapter it'd be a little difficult if you have only the 4 of them (Thomas,Cecile,Juan and Picolo) so 2 more will be enough,especially Mel,and some other like Koroku for example.

wataru14 wrote:I usually leave Mel, Twaikin, Kathy, Kenji, and Augustine for Thomas. Do not add Koroku to that list. I did that once and ended up with him leading an army unit at the Budehuc siege. He got killed nearly immediately.

What??? Koroku lead an army unit??? Really?? :shock:

I remember that only Thomas and Juan were leading a Unit,weren't they?

patapi wrote:There isn't much use of recruiting that many characters in other characters' chapters anyway, especially since Geddoe almost always have to use the same team of 6. Hugo and Chris may need a few additional members to complete their respective teams later on, but beyond those small number of stars, why not just leave everyone else for Thomas to realise his potential as the Tenkai Star and do the majority of the recruiting.

Actually with Geddoe you should recruit Edge,because he is available only in Geddoe's chapter,but yet again you can't use him because Geddoe has a permanent party of 6 members