max stats and gear

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
lucalives

max stats and gear

Post by lucalives »

quick question, does gear push you past the 255 stat max like it does in 2?
eldrasidar

Re: max stats and gear

Post by eldrasidar »

No idea, as the possibility almost never comes up. the most you could add to a stat with gear I believe is 50 with power, using a flame casque, blood armor, and 3 belt's of strength, so it's not going to be as exciting as it was in suikoden 2, where you could go as high as 79. It's also worth pointing out that weapons in suikoden 3 are generally of high final strength than in 2(1-h swords for example cap at 180 instead of 150), and weapon growth effects damage output without playing with the base power stat.

Getting someone to 206 power though would be nearly impossible without abusing either the stat stone trick and/or the chris level 99 trick. by level 67, the highest level you can generally get to easily using the fortune rune, even characters with the best power stat growth are still more likely going to be below 206, likely hovering around 180-190. The Chris trick would almost guarantee Borus or Twaikin getting up to 206 naturally, otherwise you get to spend a good while slowly pumping someone up with a stat stone.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Just that we haven't really paid attention. Emily at level 67 has 180-190 str and 180-190 repel, Even without equipments, if we equip her a warrior rune then 90+ points will be added to Str which then exceeds the 255 threshold. but I don't have any save to check anymore.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Confirmation for you:

My level 99 Estella has a Wizard Rune on. Her Magic stat on the character status screen reads 306.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

heh, I should have remembered that from when I did a maxing out magic attack test versus the water dragon, to see if could be killed in a single turn using magic. I was able to get up to a similarly high level, unfortunately, the added magic did very little for improving magic damage on account of the way magic resistance is done in Suikoden 3.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Where is actual confirmation that the cap is 255 in this game anyways? I know it was in Suikoden 2, and I wonder if it was just an assumption in 3.

I decided to play with stat stones, and my naked Hugo has 271 Repel currently. As I recall, the Repel stat (he's wearing S) doesn't increase the base repel. So... what is the max stat?

Edit: 420 Repel and still not capped... Now I am determined to find a cap. I'll let you know what I find.
P.S. This will make the Warrior Rune beyond broken.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

255 is the natural cap for stats naturally increasing, as in no character will surpass 255 in any stat but HP or PDF, simply by leveling up. 255 is really the 256th number (counting 0), and that is 2 to the 8th power, which is pretty easy for binary based computers to work with.

I would assume you'd get stuck around 999, but I honestly don't know.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Aldo wrote:Where is actual confirmation that the cap is 255 in this game anyways? I know it was in Suikoden 2, and I wonder if it was just an assumption in 3.

I decided to play with stat stones, and my naked Hugo has 271 Repel currently. As I recall, the Repel stat (he's wearing S) doesn't increase the base repel. So... what is the max stat?

Edit: 420 Repel and still not capped... Now I am determined to find a cap. I'll let you know what I find.
stat pumping in general is pretty broken anyway!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

eldrasidar wrote:255 is the natural cap for stats naturally increasing, as in no character will surpass 255 in any stat but HP or PDF, simply by leveling up. 255 is really the 256th number (counting 0), and that is 2 to the 8th power, which is pretty easy for binary based computers to work with.

I would assume you'd get stuck around 999, but I honestly don't know.
Yeah, I know many games go by 255 (FF), 99 (63) or 65,535 (FFFF). I also knew Suikoden 2 was hard capped at 255, as well as the highest stat for some characters (e.g. Luc and Magic). I assumed the stat max in 3 was 255 but apparently not. My guess would be 999 as well.
KFCrispy wrote:
Aldo wrote:Where is actual confirmation that the cap is 255 in this game anyways? I know it was in Suikoden 2, and I wonder if it was just an assumption in 3.

stat pumping in general is pretty broken anyway!
That's why it is beyond broken :)