Derived Stats

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Derived Stats

Post by wataru14 »

I was examining the stats of my party members this evening and something is puzzling me. On the main profile screen there are four stats that are separate from the main stats: ATK, DEF, REP, and MOV. Now ATK is the total of you PWR and weapon power. DEF is the total defense bonus from your equipment (or your PDF stat for monsters). MOV is the character's base movement (which can be seen on this site on the Mutiple Swings Guide in In-Depth Analysis). Now what the heck is REP?

I am assuming it means Repel, but how is it derived? There seems to be no set formula. For example: I sharked Twaikin into my party. He was Leve1 1 with a 17 REP (no armor equipped). After one fght, he leveled up to Level 4 and his REP stat was 12. After the next fight he leveled up to Level 7 and his REP stat was 9. I've never head of a stat that goes down as you level up.

The Warrior Rune may have something to do with this, I thought, so I also sharked Kenji and Sanae into my party at Level 1 and tried the same thing with them. Their REP didn't go down, but it still didn't make anything clearer. At level 1 Kenji had an REP stat (the base stat) of 14 and a derived REP of 23. At Level 4 it was 24/25 and at level 9 it was 46/35. Sanae was 12/21, 19/21, and 32/23 at the same levels. As a comparison, My Level 99 Hugo was 190/67 and my Level 99 Fubar was 170/42. Having them forget their Repel Skill did not change this number and everyone had nothing equipped.

Is it possible that REP doesn't mean Repel? If so what could it mean?
Punkaiser

Re: Derived Stats

Post by Punkaiser »

Rep stats determine the REP in character display, both indicate how well characters will dodge.
Rep stats counts with absolute number as 1,2,3...255
While REP is a percentage 1%,2%....100% ( will have to compare with enemies accuracy to get the REP nett)
I dont know about the exact formula how rep stats derives to REP though. Hope to find out one day.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

lets see, I know the following for a fact:
A higher rep stat makes REP larger
Wearing heavier Armor makes REP smaller
Having a Warrior Rune cuts REP in half
Having a higher Repel skill helps
Having a Haziness Rune helps.

What I don't know:
Does speed have any effect?
Does size have any effect?
Does level have any effect?

What I assume:
REP must always be less than 100%

Observations:
Those with the highest rep stats, are limited by to lighter armors, so could easily break 100% if the only penalty to their REP was from armor.

Here's a list of those with the highest base rep stats:
Ace
Ayame
Edge
Emily
Hugo
Joker
Juan
Kenji
Nash
Shabon
Watari

Here's a list of those with high rep and high repel(A or better, which can easily be made into an S)
Ayame
Emily
Hugo
Joker
Nash
Shabon
Watari

Here's a list of those with high rep and high spd
Ayame
Hugo
Juan
Watari

monsters:
bright-normal rep, normal speed, B repel
fubar-normal rep, fast speed, B+
ruby-low rep,high pdf, normal speed, B
gadget z-low rep, high pdf, normal speed, B

low rep people:
rico-normal speed, B
nicolas-normal speed, C
Leo-normal speed, B

normal rep, high speed people
aila B+
futch B
jacques B
jimba B+
landis B
lulu B+
rhett B
rody B
sharon B+

High Repel, average rep, average speed
Thomas
Mel
Lucia

Hallec-super low Rep, normal speed, B

So to test stuff(someone else will have to do this, since I'm currently not able to) pick one category where two otherwise similar people(same level, similar rep stat) differ, and compare their unarmored REP values

Some tests I would do for example:
Emily versus Joker->testing for Haziness effect
Joker versus Edge->testing for high repel effect
Watar versus Joker->testing for high speed effect
Fubar versus Aila-> testing for monster effect
Ruby versus gadget z-> testing for size effect

to test for level effect you're gonna need to look at pairs of similar characters over several levels, say every 5th level for 15 levels.

possibly use the following pairs to compare:
Ace, Edge
Ayame, hugo
nash, shabon
rico, leo
futch, rhett
Mel, Lucia
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

best place to start in figuring out REP is to eliminate all modifiers-- make sure no armor is equipped and the Repel skill isn't learned and just compare the base stat to the big stat. i doubt SPD and Level factor into the equation, but it's a good idea to check.