Win every winnable battle

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Win every winnable battle

Post by gildedtalon »

If I want to win every single battle that can be won even though you can just run from it or lose
For example, Hugo&group vs Leo&Percival at Vinay del Zexay; Geddoe&group vs Chris&the knights at Great Hollow;

What skills should I have my characters learn? Also getting major victory on strategy battles wherever possible haha. I think there are only two strategy battles where we can achieve major victory: Chris at Great Hollow and Chris at Chisha Village. Anyone knows more?
Maybe Thomas' strategy battle or maybe not?

The hardest is probably Geddoe Ch.2, have to beat Duke and still have to beat Luc and Sarah afterwards

I'm planning to record all these optional battles that can be won
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Win every winnable battle

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think you can achieve Major Victory in the last war battle,against Yuber and his imaginary army. I think you must beat everything without losing many units,in order to achieve M. Victory.

Another 2 optional war battles,that can be won must be the first 2 war battles in chapter 4. But they are very difficult,to defeat them.

The key is probably to be overleveled,and have your skills upgraded to maximum probably...and you must be lucky,in order to pull it off.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:Another 2 optional war battles,that can be won must be the first 2 war battles in chapter 4. But they are very difficult,to defeat them.
You can't achieve major victory on those war battles so I won't bother
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:You can't achieve major victory on those war battles so I won't bother

I'm not sure about M. victory,but you still can win them if you have achieved the Chris level 99 trick,which is painfully difficult by default.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

But some guy on either gamefaqs or from this website told me that he eliminated as many enemy units as he could and the game still considered it a defeat
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:But some guy on either gamefaqs or from this website told me that he eliminated as many enemy units as he could and the game still considered it a defeat

Yes,i think because the battle is supposed to be lost,so you'll move on to Brass Castle in order to defeat the Harmonians and the Destroyers,besides defeating them.

Unless,if the enemy units are infite.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The hardest winable battle is the duel Hugo vs. Chris, which has to be done within 3 turns. Needs quite some time for level building.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

OMG I totally forgot about that, let's just ignore that one. I've already done it before. Lots of time wasted for no change of dialogue whatsoever
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Perhaps some variable is set for winning that battle, deep within your save file, not visible in the game whatsoever. Think about it: Some day people may talk about your achievements and your gaming history. And they will look into that file and find out that you skipped this one. You won't be remebered for good as a gaming legend then.

So... you might want to reconsider.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

LOL, gaming legend? Cool! :mrgreen:

Still, no one gave me an idea what skill points to get to reduce grinding time

And I still have trouble setting the emulator speed to normal. It runs kinda slow, I'm still afraid that my computer can't run it at normal speed

OMG my emulator is gone, now I will have to find a new one. Maybe it got deleted or someone deleted it... :oops:

Never mind, turned out that a copy of the emulator is still in my 'Downloads' folder. Back to playing again haha :lol: