Anyone got Chris to learn the TWR's 4th spell?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
bluemask

Anyone got Chris to learn the TWR's 4th spell?

Post by bluemask »

I can't get her to learn it even if she got a 100+ MAG stat. Does anyone have a stock video or something? I've been dying to see how it looks like and can't seem to find anything online :(. This makes me sad.
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Anyone got Chris to learn the TWR's 4th spell?

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

She needs to gain a level after having 101 'natural' magic. This means being over 100 even after you take all her gear off. Adding magic with equipment only increases spell damage, not magic points.

Also, if you use lots of magic stones on her to get to 101, you need to gain a level before the spell appears. And I believe you can just YouTube 'true water suikoden 3 spells' to see it. If you pick Chris as your flame champion, Hugo will get the true water rune and get a level 4 spell easily
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sarah casts the fourth spell when you're facing her on Ceremonial Site or the final boss
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Oh so that's it? The Ice spikes or whatever that is? Lol, guess the name in the site is misleading for Konami to name it Heavenly Drops lol.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, it's pretty hard to get chris to 101+ magic, without either A: using the level 99 trick, or B: the stat stone trick. Either one will take some time though. It is a pretty cool spell, if for no reason other than few creatures have water resistance, so it actually does a good amount of damage.

Also, if you have Chris as your Fire Champion, Hugo gets the True Water Rune, and then he will be able to use the 4th level spell without doing any crazy grinding.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Nonetheless, though, if one still wants to make Hugo the FC, Chris would do just fine as a Paladin-type Rune Knight with the TWR, as you will probably only use Kindness Rain and Mother Ocean. I don't know how Silent Lake works in S3, I just thought it got afflicted by the video game norm where status effects don't do squat on the boss or else they would break the game.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ninjaluc79 wrote:I don't know how Silent Lake works in S3, I just thought it got afflicted by the video game norm where status effects don't do squat on the boss or else they would break the game.
I know this is OT, but this really bothered me in my carreer as a RPG gamer. I don't think this would be gamebreaking if they'd design the game properly. Status effects add a lot of potential tactical value, but most games don't let you use them in boss fights so I don't bother with them in normal fights, either.
As an example, Pokemon let's you use status effects whenever you want and I think that adds a lot. You don't only get frustrated when your Pkmn is confused killing itself, but you'll get the satisfaction of an enemy who's paralyzed, and thus your Pkmn is faster than his and beats him. STRIKE!
/END OT
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

yes, just that in suikoden games, status effects weight too light. Check out megaten nocturne or digital devil saga or devil survivor, if we don't use any of thoses status effects, the games would become very challenging since some monsters are strong againts almost everything, and has only one weakness againts a certain effect.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I'm really not that particular about status spells, but I do use it when I feel like it, especially since it doesn't work 100% of the time, otherwise, really, the game becomes ridiculously easy. Sleep, Silence, Stun, and Confusion usually get a pass in my book, but how about Instant Death? It shouldn't work all the time like Sleep should, but Sleep should at least work on mid-game bosses.

That said, the only use I had for Silent Lake in S2 was to stop Luca Blight from spamming his fire slash attacks.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Punkaiser wrote:yes, just that in suikoden games, status effects weight too light. Check out megaten nocturne or digital devil saga or devil survivor, if we don't use any of thoses status effects, the games would become very challenging since some monsters are strong againts almost everything, and has only one weakness againts a certain effect.
Yes, in these games elements and status effects are really worth something. But especially in Suikoden, status effects are not really noteworthy, even when you're inflicted by one. I think I sometimes attach a poison rune on weapons but that's more a "well, why not" thing than "wow, that's incredibly useful".

Of course, an Instant Death spell shouldn't work in boss battles, but other effects might be worthwhile.

Sorry for OT, we should discuss that in a seperate topic as I think that's a nice topic.
s21

Post by s21 »

gildedtalon wrote:Sarah casts the fourth spell when you're facing her on Ceremonial Site or the final boss
Sarah cant cast the fourth TWR spell, she just cast the regular Breath of Ice

It's the final boss that casts the fourth TWR spell
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Really? So it's not the Ice Spikes or whatever that is? So what does it really look like?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Youtube is a great resource. Just open the link in a new window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... UI8#t=148s
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

s21 wrote:Sarah cant cast the fourth TWR spell, she just cast the regular Breath of Ice

It's the final boss that casts the fourth TWR spell
Nope, Sarah can cast it on the Ceremonial Site. Not just the final boss
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

The big problem with Chris as wielder of the True Water Rune is that she looks degraded into a supporting role instead of a role as a charismatic war leader.Besides, isn't the Zexen army the only ones who can fight and defend against the Holy Harmonian shock troops and infantry? Choosing Chris as the Flame Champion will reduce unnecessary casualties in the battlefield and how shall I put this? Boost morale for the the entire Zexen Federation and army??She does have the total support of the people after all.While Hugo only has the total support from the Karayan Clan and partial support from the rest. Geddoe, however has no support from the both the Zexen Federation or the Grasslanders at all.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!