Many assorted questions for Suik 3 expert

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Re: Many assorted questions for Suik 3 expert

Post by gildedtalon »

No one fits the bill, everyone has the same chance
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Not quite gildedtalon, Emily actually fits the bill. She is your best hunter rune character, as she is fast enough to make 8 hits normally. When given a hunter rune, she will still miss as much as everyone else, but will get the most chances per round of combat to try and hit. My recollection is that with the hunter rune she will get 4-5 attempts to hit per round, compared to most people only getting 1-2. So rather than spending 10-20 rounds getting 1 hit, you can get a hit in as 4-5 rounds of combat.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I seem to remember that those who hit multiple times turn into a single hitter when equipped with Hunter rune

I remember you saying that to me but that's what happened in the end
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

-vs "normal" enemies, the enemy will dodge and the attack chain will immediately stop. Sirens are hard to "hunt" for this reason.
-vs "large" enemies who don't have dodge animations (Guardian Knights, Golems), characters will repeat their first attack animation over and over until they run out of time; note that the number of attacks may differ slightly compared to a character looping through all their attack animations, as each attack animation has its own "attack time" consumed.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

Trader at Brass Castle vanish when hostility between Grassland and Caleria/Harmonia occur, ie when Hugo go to Chisha to reinforce defenders.

I dont remember when he reappear. DO you guys know the exact period?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Will he even reappear?
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

Well, when Hugo can go to flame champion hideaway he reappear.

I suspect he'd flee to Duck Village because there's a caleria man there, but I havent check yet. And he's just there, not trading.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

Back to Hunter / hunting for drops.

It's my impression that chances of item drop linked to physical hit. My Jacques use his multishot skill each battle and I notice a pretty good drop rate as long as my inventory doesnt exceed 2 pages (12 items). Get Emily to hit is very hard, so not much items.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what is the multi-shot skill? if you're talking about using the Boranda Hawk Rune attack with Hunter Rune equipped, that doesn't force a drop.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

It's my personal impression that Jacques use boranda hawk with hunter raise the chance of getting an item after battle, sometimes two. I am too lazy to try that with another char, but It's my impression that as long as your Hunter char get a hit in, even with boranda hawk, it raise the chance.

Second, if your active inventory, your party inventory, is low your chance can become quite good. The effect between less than 6 item and more than 12 of items can be noticeable.

Also, Jacques can shoot twice even with the hunter rune. 1st shot mostly miss but the second sometimes hit.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

laclongquan wrote:It's my personal impression that Jacques use boranda hawk with hunter raise the chance of getting an item after battle, sometimes two. I am too lazy to try that with another char, but It's my impression that as long as your Hunter char get a hit in, even with boranda hawk, it raise the chance.

Second, if your active inventory, your party inventory, is low your chance can become quite good. The effect between less than 6 item and more than 12 of items can be noticeable.
you're looking for something out of nothing.
The Hunter Rune's forces an *additional* 100% drop when a regular attack connects--it doesn't affect drop rate calculations whatsoever.
Why would drop rate be affected by inventory space? That's so arbitrary. Drop rate is a simple calculation that uses the drop rates of the enemies' items against the RNG.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

:sing: Experiment, Experiment!