Suggestions for who/when to recruit the musicians?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Suggestions for who/when to recruit the musicians?

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

I know Thomas can use them in his difficult major strategy battles, but I don't really want them locked out the rest of the time until we get reuinited. I recall Thomas' chapters as being fairly short? Then again Geddoe can't switch characters (for all intents and purposes) and Hugo can't recruit till chapter 3? And Chris definitely doesn't need any help with her level 97 butt. So I guess Thomas by default but...input?
MegafaunaB.krieg

Re: Suggestions for who/when to recruit the musicians?

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Gonna piggyback this on here, any game ruining reasons not to recruit these people with Chris?
Estella (Lv. 99)
Twaikin (Lv. 98 )
Watari (Lv. 99)
Ayame (Lv.99)
Wan Fu (Lv. 99)
Belle* (Lv. 97)
Gadget Z* (Lv. 97)
Augustine (Lv.99)
Kenji (Lv. 97)
Sanae Y (Lv.98 )
Rody (Lv. 97)
Viki* (Lv. 99)

I know a few of them can be used in Thomas' strategy battles but...

Also doesn't Viki appear only after ch4? Can I recruit her as a level 99(97 in my case?) without having Chris as FC? Like, by waiting to get her until the part where I am wandering around as Chris? Or can only your FC recruit, after everyone teams up? Related note: when exactly am I wandering around with Chris? If it's very late into ch4 or even 5 then maybe I won't wait, teleporting>a level 99 character.

Finally, those levels were taken from a topic about Chris being level 99, I know some like Watari join at +2 levels, I have a level 97 Chris, I want to theoretically be able to abuse magic stones on every character so I don't want anyone literally 99 yet, who else should I avoid? (I feel like I asked this question already, if so pardon me).
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

In regards to the musicians, they can help Thomas, but the levelling in Thomas's chapters is severely limited. The max level is around 20-24 and there are no good places for skill points. To let you know, with good weapons, Thomas doesn't really need much help in his chapters, though I definitely recommend Mel and Koroku. Mel is just overpowered for him and Koroku is useful for his war battles.

As for their use in other chapters, Chris can't use optional party members in story sections, only treasure bosses. Hugo has a bit more leeway and Shabon has a good unite with Sgt. Joe to make use of.

I can't comment on recruiting, but if Chris is not the FC, you can use her again in Chapter 5. I think it's the second mission of the chapter.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

If Chris is not FC, then you can only recruit Viki at chapter 5 since you want her to be lvl 99
I would advise you to recruit Shabon on Hugo chapter 3
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

i'm not sure but since geddoe start his mission before chris and he's forced to travel through mountain path so that's certain he will meet VIki, what if he refuses to lodge her, would viki be lost or would she stand aside waitting for next approval?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

She will be waiting there for next approval
I don't know if that will affect Viki's level or not since you want her to be lvl 99 but then Geddoe is going to encounter her first
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Leon481 wrote:In regards to the musicians, they can help Thomas, but the levelling in Thomas's chapters is severely limited. The max level is around 20-24 and there are no good places for skill points. To let you know, with good weapons, Thomas doesn't really need much help in his chapters, though I definitely recommend Mel and Koroku. Mel is just overpowered for him and Koroku is useful for his war battles.

As for their use in other chapters, Chris can't use optional party members in story sections, only treasure bosses. Hugo has a bit more leeway and Shabon has a good unite with Sgt. Joe to make use of.

I can't comment on recruiting, but if Chris is not the FC, you can use her again in Chapter 5. I think it's the second mission of the chapter.

Well i think in Thomas chapter the only playable character you should recruit is Koroku,since his level is more closer to the other party members. With Thomas you should recruit only support characters.

Although except Koroku,i remember Watari,Augustine and Mel were participating in Thomas' major battles,but on the last 2 major battles,when all the characters are available,only Augustine participates in these major battles. What's wrong with that?

By the way,when Nash returns BEFORE the last major battle,he is not available in that battle,whilst he was a leader in Chris' chapter 3
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:Although except Koroku,i remember Watari,Augustine and Mel were participating in Thomas' major battles,but on the last 2 major battles,when all the characters are available,only Augustine participates in these major battles. What's wrong with that?
The two can not participate in major battles
Sasarai10 wrote:By the way,when Nash returns BEFORE the last major battle,he is not available in that battle,whilst he was a leader in Chris' chapter 3
Yes, the only major battle he can participate in is Chris chapter 3 major battle in Chisha Village. He's not available for any major battle afterwards. Sorry if I'm mistaken, I've never used him even if he's available
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:The two can not participate in major battles
Yes, the only major battle he can participate in is Chris chapter 3 major battle in Chisha Village. He's not available for any major battle afterwards. Sorry if I'm mistaken, I've never used him even if he's available

Yes but i said that Watari and Mel are participating in Thomas major battles...but they cannot participate in chapter's 5 major battles.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Well, all of the characters you can recruit with Thomas can not participate in any major battle afterwards except one
Only Twaikin can, so from Thomas' group you will only have Thomas, Cecile, and Twaikin on major battles that come on later chapters
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

Sasarai10 wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:The two can not participate in major battles

Yes but i said that Watari and Mel are participating in Thomas major battles...but they cannot participate in chapter's 5 major battles.
Some characters are just like that. They move to the sidelines once more experienced soldiers become available to fight in their place.

Thomas, Cecile, Juan, Piccolo, Twaikin, Mel, Augustine, Koroku, Watari, Nei, Toppo, and Shabon can all participate in Thomas's wars yet only Thomas, Cecile, Twaikin, and Augustine can fight in the final wars.

Same in Chris 3 with Nash, Rico, Rhett, and Wilder. None of them fight in the final war battles.
gildedtalon wrote:Well, all of the characters you can recruit with Thomas can not participate in any major battle afterwards except one
Only Twaikin can, so from Thomas' group you will only have Thomas, Cecile, and Twaikin on major battles that come on later chapters
You forgot Augustine.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm quite sure he can't join the war battles

The whole time I'm playing Suikoden III, I've never seen him in chapter 4&5 major battles
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Leon481 wrote:
Some characters are just like that. They move to the sidelines once more experienced soldiers become available to fight in their place.

Thomas, Cecile, Juan, Piccolo, Twaikin, Mel, Augustine, Koroku, Watari, Nei, Toppo, and Shabon can all participate in Thomas's wars yet only Thomas, Cecile, Twaikin, and Augustine can fight in the final wars.

Same in Chris 3 with Nash, Rico, Rhett, and Wilder. None of them fight in the final war battles.

You forgot Augustine.

Actually Nei,can participate in the final major battles,but as a support character.

So i consider that more characters are participating in Thomas' war battles in order to make it easier...because if only Thomas,Cecile,Augustine and Twaikin were participating it would be quite hard...but yet,not impossible
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:I'm quite sure he can't join the war battles

The whole time I'm playing Suikoden III, I've never seen him in chapter 4&5 major battles

He does.

Check this video at 2:36 in Lucia's unit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyyNX9JDGjw
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well going back to the original topic, I second recruiting the trio with Hugo's team because it lets you start abusing Shabon + Sgt. Joe's combo early.

Also, Nei is extremely versatile--Jongleur, earth magic, water magic, shield magic, decent attacker, and she can even do Lightning Magic pretty well. Hugo doesn't get any decent magicians (Mua has good MAG growth but poor affinities) so she would be extremely useful to him.
Chris pretty much automatically gets 2 powerful magicians that nobody else can recruit until Chapter 4, Estella and Rody, and Wilder is a decent support mage before that.