Getting Melville in Geddoe chapter one

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MegafaunaB.krieg

Getting Melville in Geddoe chapter one

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

I can get Billy in chapter 1, can I also get Melville? Or better yet can I get Billy with Thomas and then get Melville with Thomas ch1?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Getting Melville in Geddoe chapter one

Post by KFCrispy »

http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/stars/ tells you the earliest time you can recruit a character
MegafaunaB.krieg

Post by MegafaunaB.krieg »

Aha thanks! Gamefaqs says chapter 4 For Melville. Shamelessly I didn't try getting him with Geddoe because Billy kept beating me :( and I wanted him with Thomas, I think.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yes you can get him,but you cannot get Alanis during Geddoe's chapter because of Geddoe's lack of empty blocks in his party....because in order to get Alanis you have to bring Melville and Eliot with you
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

You can get alanis with Geddoe, you just have to wait for one of a handful of points in the storyline where 1 or more characters leaves the party. For example, at almost the end of chapter 1, Ace leaves the party, and when he does so, you can have the entire rest of the party just head back to Budehuc and pick up Melville and Elliot to recruit Alanis.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Are you sure it's possible to leave Caleria after Ace leaves the party? And the path to recruit them is not blocked? You can't cross Brass Castle, right?

Also, will Geddoe actually be able to enter Vinay Del Zexay since he had a problem with the knights?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Oh yes, you are right, I'd forgotten when I tried to use geddoe to recruit Nadir hoping to use the opportunity to put another woman in the party. You can however definitely do it at the start of chapter 2 when Geddoe is alone(just don't talk to the fruit vender, and you can just walk right out of Caleria, either by yourself or with Ace and/or Aila)

And yes, he can go to Vinay del Zexay. The only area blocked off to him in the end of chapter 1 and chapter 2 is the central area of Brass Castle(the hallway that leads to the trainer, the inn and the knights quarters and cafeteria) Otherwise he is free to explore the entire rest of Brass Castle, though he cannot cross through it. He can however just bypass the entire castle by going around it on the Yaza plains, and then onwards to either Budehuc or the Zexen Forest and the onwards to Vinay del Zexay. Geddoe doesn't have a problem with the Zexen knights, he just knows the truth of Borus' actions at the Karaya Village, and so is avoiding contact specifically with Borus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so Geddoe can't recruit Alanis until chapter 2?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Who writes "Must have completed Hugo Chapter 1" on Melville recruitment in http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/stars ?

Is this true?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Not exactly right but technically it is, because in order to recruit melville there're 2 requirements:
1/ Done with his sidequest in the northern cave-> must finish hugo chapter 1
2/ Billy recruited.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

So it's impossible to recruit the trio without doing their sidequest with Hugo?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

no you should be able to skip the sidequest, but you still have to pass that point--meaning complete Hugo Chapter 1.