Mamie

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Mamie

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hello everybody,i was just started playing suikoden 3 again,a week before,after 5 years or more....and now i'm confused how to recruit Mamie.
First of all i've done the mistake to discard Hallec's "crab rice bowl",in Hugo's chapter 3...now i'm at the end of Chris' chapter 3,and i've been wandering through Kuput Forest over an hour,to find a monster named "mantikra"...as i read in different sites,mantikra appears in Kuput Forest and drops the "crab rice bowl",if you beat them.
By the way,my party members right now are,Chris,Nash,Fred,Rico,Estella and Rody,and they are between level 40-43...so i'd like to ask,in which level you should be,in order to fight mantikras in Kuput Forest....as i've noticed,your enemies are changing whilst you are growing level.
Punkaiser

Re: Mamie

Post by Punkaiser »

The monster set change base on character chapter you're in, not base on your level. I recall blue mantik as area boss in chapter 3 and 4 then it appears as regular enemy in late chapter 5.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:The monster set change base on character chapter you're in, not base on your level.I recall blue mantik as area boss in chapter 3 and 4 then it appears as regular enemy in late chapter 5.

Are you sure about this?

I'm in chapter 3 right now (with Chris),and the area boss is called ghostholly.
So it might be chapter 4 or 5....

Thanks anyway. :)
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

My bad, you're right, i took a look at the bestiary to check and it seems this monster only appear from chapter 4.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/gu ... stiary.php
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

On that beastiary guide there are about 4 sets of enemies listed for Kaput Forest for Chris 3. I'm assuming that means enemies in Kaput forest must change multiple times in her chapter. Makes sense for how many times she has to go through it. If that is the case, you may have missed the Mantikra already for this chapter.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm yeah that could have had more detail, but i recall you can only encounter the Ghost Holly in the area heading towards Alma Kinan (and there is often one spot where the boss fight triggers even though it's an area boss). maybe there are actually slightly different enemy encounters in the area where the Ghost Holly is a boss.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, there's several instances of monsters changing in areas over the course of a chapter, and this is triggered by progressing past different points in the plot line. Thankfully with regards to Mamie and the Crab Rice Bowl, there is almost always some monster that will have the crab rice bowl in the kuput forest, the only exception being a brief period in the later half of Chris's chapter 3. As soon as you reach chapter 4 though or do chapter 3 geddoe, you can find it again.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

eldrasidar wrote:yeah, there's several instances of monsters changing in areas over the course of a chapter, and this is triggered by progressing past different points in the plot line. Thankfully with regards to Mamie and the Crab Rice Bowl, there is almost always some monster that will have the crab rice bowl in the kuput forest, the only exception being a brief period in the later half of Chris's chapter 3. As soon as you reach chapter 4 though or do chapter 3 geddoe, you can find it again.

I have already recruited Mamie,in chapter 4. :)

I have also found a blue mantik or something like that,in Zexen Forest,during Geddoe's chapter 3..but it hadn't any crab rice bowls.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

It's normal that same monsters dont drop same things if you encounter them in different zones. Crab rice is kuput's exclusive delicacy then :wink: .
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

:necro:

After meeting Mamie for the 1st time, Chris first run through Kuput net me an area boss with the mantikra. Drop a crab rice bowl. Got her immediately, because I dont want to wait until Hallec. (I am on second play, this time in block Chris1-3, then Hugo, then Geddoe). Mamie's restaurant at first time through will be hugely beneficient for Hugo, Geddoe, and Thomas, not just to dispose recipes, but also more potches.

Ditto with Barts. I am getting him as soon as I can.

Running Chris through first is most suitable for star hunting.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

laclongquan wrote::necro:

After meeting Mamie for the 1st time, Chris first run through Kuput net me an area boss with the mantikra. Drop a crab rice bowl. Got her immediately, because I dont want to wait until Hallec. (I am on second play, this time in block Chris1-3, then Hugo, then Geddoe). Mamie's restaurant at first time through will be hugely beneficient for Hugo, Geddoe, and Thomas, not just to dispose recipes, but also more potches.

Ditto with Barts. I am getting him as soon as I can.

Running Chris through first is most suitable for star hunting.

OMG,that was my first thread :lol:

I think you can drop a CR bowl after chapter 4,and the earliest point to recruit her is with Hallec :?
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

IF you do the Hugo chapter first. Since I run in block, Chris3 is the first opportunity and I take it immediately.

It's a satisfying sight before go to Serenia: a mostly full Budehuc.