Isshin Rune (Joker)

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Punkaiser

Isshin Rune (Joker)

Post by Punkaiser »

I tested it from 3 swings to 5 swings and it appears to be a 1.5x damage rune. Too bad Wang's power growth and gear set don't favor him much so it's quite hard work to make him strong without stone trick.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Isshin Rune (Joker)

Post by KFCrispy »

it should be 1x dmg only, no bonus. this may be a matter of whether or not each 'swing' is stacked into 1 attack so PDF is applied once vs totaling the damage from each swing after defense is applied.

however, he's still got the best early-game unite with Ace. them + Boranda Hawk = easy times
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Lucky you bring it up when my memory is still clear.
At the moment he has 3 swings, i remember his attack value was 200 with fury/dbl strike rune
normal hit on copper sun 540 380 270 (this time im rounding up numbers)
Isshin inflicted around 1810
Gear him up with wind hat+ninja suit+swing title=>5 swings
Isshin inflicted around 2680

Unless the copper sun defence was greatly great, i can't see how there exist such 1.5 multiplier-like here. i can test later on other monsters.

Update: try it on holy grand old tree something and the blue crab in Kuput forest only strengthen my conclusion. Hope someone else could confirm it as well.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i will test it now!
update: yep, it definitely deals more damage! normal atks for 370 and 374, Isshin hit for 549 and 572
also, it doesn't always unbalance enemies (or maybe some enemies are just immune to unbalance?).
that's pretty amazing.. Joker's got a huge arsenal. i never took his attacks seriously, but yeah you can pump his speed and turn him into a warrior for fun, or still give him 1 magical rune while making his Isshin more powerful with a Fury or Double-Strike. on top of that, the passives would improve Mercenary A which i spam throughout the early chapters but use less end-game as the enemies get tougher. but now if i focus on developing his swing and damage, it will probably prove useful even late game.

i wonder if Joker outdamages Ace when they each have 1 passive rune and use their attack runes.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Without boost from stones, Joker will have to stick to wind hat+ninja suit+swing title at lv67+ for life to maintain his 5 swings while Ace can't get his 4th swing by any mean, i'd appoint damage title to him. On average at their level 67:
-Ace with damage title + blood armor + flame casque + 3 str belts + weapon lv16 = 3 swings, 380 attack value, B+ damage skill
-Joker with swing title+ wind hat+ ninja suit+ 3 str belts + weapon lv16 = 5 swings, 270 attack, B damage skill
so they would deal pretty much same damage to a 0 def enemy if their modifier rune was identical.

If both Joker and Ace get same amount str/speed boost from stones, Joker'd be the clear winner since he got more swings and could equip better gear at that moment. But why not both fury and dbl strike for Joker? I often use their unite during Geddoe chapter 5 as well.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

i know a lot of the bigger monsters and bosses are resistant(which shouldn't matter) or immune to being stunned. I know it looks to be doing somewhere near 1.5 damage, I'm wondering if perhaps it is ignoring a monster's defense in doing damage, instead of multiplying damage in any way.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

KFC was suggesting that theory in his first post but just test it on a low def monster(Copper SUn + Holly Boy?) will prove it to be a multiplier
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the damage increase is consistent across punkaiser's tests and mine. i modified Joker's SPD so he only hits once making it really easy to observe the damage difference.