Mage's physical attack problem

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Punkaiser

Mage's physical attack problem

Post by Punkaiser »

Struck by Yuiri's face, Lucia's upper half and Estella lower half. I gave a shot to level them up in order to try their unite,but too bad but it's ridiculously low.
Lucia has 445 attack, 3 swings, max skills (fury+dbl strike+warrior)
Yuiri has 365 attack, 2 swings max skills(fury+dbl strike)
Estella has 310 attack, max skills but no idea how many swings she got since shes never ever attacked physically (fury dbl strike)
Their unite dealt only 2.4k to skeleton soldier in Senai. That was dissapointing. As i calculated, it must be around 3k even if Estella had only 1 swing, so that 2.4k seems pretty much but an effort created by just Lucia and Yuiri. Could it be possible that mages like Estella and Viki were coded to never inflict any physical damage nor in direct attack nor in unite attack?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Mage's physical attack problem

Post by KFCrispy »

i guess the best way to test is adding/removing those physical attack runes.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I've gotten estella to attack, so i know she can do physical damage, albeit not a lot. I think it's more likely that you miscalculated the damage. Then again, the attack is supposed to do only 50% damage, so I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be doing a whole lot of damage to begin with.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

-Lucia's pure attack with B+ Dskill= 445*1.15=512=> suppose enemy defence=40 => effective damage = 472
total damage from 3 swings=472*(1+0.7+[0.7*0.7])= 1038, powered by runes = 1126*3=3114
-Yuiri pure attack with B Dskill=365*1.1= 401 =>effective damage= 361, total from 2 swings= 361*(1+0.7)=614
Powered up with runes= 614*3=1842
-Estella pure attack with C Dskill=310*1.07=332=> effective damage= 292, powered up with rune = 292*3=876 (conts as 1 swing)

Their supposed to be damage output from unite= 0.5*(3114+1842+876)= 2916
***if estella isnt counted=> damage from unite= 0.5*(3114+1842)= 2478
Isnt this exactly what i claim? And how did you get estella to attack btw? she just blink in and...do nothing all the time.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

so the obvious answer is that you've guessed the enemy's defense wrong. best to actually physically attack them and find out exactly how much damage you're actually doing.

With Estella, she can be quite picky on attacking, to make her attack, you'll need to put her in the front of a pairing, and then explicitly command that pair to attack. If you just hit auto or she's in the back of a pair, she defaults to doing nothing. You can also make her attack by using sword of magic. That being said, her accuracy is pretty terrible so she will miss a ton if you don't boost it, and she is pretty much limited to one swing, unless you do a good deal of speed stone abuse in addition to having her up to level 99 using the chris 99 trick.

I got a level 58 Estella with an attack of 318(base power 103, plus lvl 16 weapon(190), a flame casque(15), and 2 belt of strengths(10)) with a B in Damage and an A in Accuracy(emperor title(+1 to both) + flame casque(+1 to accuracy) to attack without any problems when I put her at the front of a pairing.

Without any damage boosting runes, her total damage against 0 defense would have been 350 (1 swing max +10% damage skill). Against a skeleton, she did 200(she did 320 versus those red ghost knights).

So the Skeleton would appear to have about 150 defense, not 40. That should account for your major loss in damage.

so then Lucia would be doing 362 + 253 + 177 = 792 x 3 for runes = 2376
Yuiri would be doing 251 + 176 = 427 x 3 for runes = 1281
and your estella would do 182 x 3 for runes = 546
combine them all together and you get 4203. Divide that in half = 2101.5, and I assume the missing damage here comes from me not factoring in Lucia's warrior rune.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

hmm yea, could ve been my mistake for not testing it on copper sun instead. too bad i overwrote the previous save game to play a new one, but i will test again later.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

nothing wrong with testing it against skeletons, but you need to know all the variables when you're testing, in this case, the skeleton's physical defense. The only reason I used Copper Suns with Mel was that I could be confident of her doing a full attack string before killing it when I didn't equip any runes to aid her so that I could find out that piece of information. As long as your consistent though, it really doesn't matter which monsters you choose to test against.