Check up on me please. Got some questions about Ch4

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Suiko is good

Check up on me please. Got some questions about Ch4

Post by Suiko is good »

I just thought maybe some more tips woul dbe helpful. I am about to enter the three entry way type of thing in ancient highway and before I do that I wanted to do some stuff, and using dans guide from gfaqsl. I WILL recruit VIKI so I can finally teleport and I may recruit a character or two as well as get that new hammer to lv 15 sharpen recruiting characters isnt something I will prolly do from now on unless they are godly. I have around 58-64 that i recruited so far

I have a feeling I am going to have to level up like 3 groups so they are good to go for the final dungeons ( I played suikoden V and hated how 3 groups had to go in) So I will have to do that but I will need lots of money to get stuff.

Also I will need best equipment and I will also need to have everyone learn a magic resistance skill so I wont get wacked by magic attacks. Is that a good idea?

and where is the best armor in the game? Geddoe has blood armor but for the other characters I would like them to have decent stuff on them. I want to be prepared for what the game thrown me at the end.

thanks guys,. I want to finally beat this game and it seems like I am within hours away just wanted to see if anyone could give me some tips on stuff I mentioned above and then some
EstrangedIX

Re: Check up on me please. Got some questions about Ch4

Post by EstrangedIX »

Welcome! Love the name :)

Easiest way to get potch for your upgrades is to abuse the lottery. Short your party a couple of people and the ones you take will get more skill points to divvy up. Windspun armor is a rare item in Le Buque, but not sure what chapter it shows up in. Don't forget to check the treasure bosses once in awhile, the quality of the items goes down the more you check but there's usually something good among the junk. Plus you can sell the junk lol

As for groups, there's a lot of really good characters to choose from. Fred is an awesome tank and won't take much damage at all with good leveling and skills. I find Salome to be versatile, and Juan's a beast. Also, Landis and Ayame's attack is made of win.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Suiko is good

Post by Suiko is good »

thank you.

Yes I have been abusing the lottery early in the game but not lately. looks like I will have to do that and try to buil dup more potch. I have 500m right now but it wont be enough.

Are the bosses from here on out tough?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

after getting Viki and small Viki (for Blinking Mirror) you should really be hitting up the treasure bosses to level up characters, train skills, and get money. you can still do the lottery but don't rely on it as main source of income, and it's more of a waste of time to save and reload to get better lottery results. trading can be very effective (what's really helpful is storing trading items during chapters 1-3 to liquidate in chapter 4 while i'm leveling weapons up because everyone maxes their money anyway), but i prefer to just spend time upgrading all the characters and setting them up while training anybody i want to train through the treasure bosses (remember to pack escape talismans!).

there are 2 infamous boss fights that take ppl by surprise, so many ppl get wiped out without the right preparation. the first of these boss fights is in the next section within Ancient Highway. but if you have a trained and balanced party with a 1-2 healers or a healer who can take damage, it shouldn't be too tough.
Suiko is good

Post by Suiko is good »

thanks KF. unfourtnetely I have not been stockign up items I have been collecting.

I still would like an easy way to gain around 600m potch. I was wondering if I could trad and sell trade anltlers since they are cheap to buy.

also for the upcoming bosses someone suggested I should have gale pale rune or w/e its called. I dont have one and couldnt find one. I can easily do w/o tho right?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

There is only two places where you can obtain a Pale Gate Rune at this point in the game. The easiest place is from the little girl inside the item shop at Iksay Village. For the other you have to go to the Flamechampion's Highway and keep checking the corpse you find, by going right at the first fork in the road. If you don't get one reset and repeat until you get it. This will make the boss of said Ancient Highway a piece of cake if you hit him with the level one spell: Open Gate.

Also Deer Antlers can be brought for cheap at Zexen and sold for a lot at Duck Village, or to get an even better price sell them at Caleria. Pearls (Budehuc) and Soy Sauce (Duck Village) fetch a nice price at Caleria as well.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Suiko is good

Post by Suiko is good »

thank man.

I may have to do that. I would love to get around 800m potch. I will try it.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, getting lots of money in chapter 4 shouldn't be a huge problem, each time you fight a treasure boss you'll get a lot of money, either directly, or through the sale of unwanted items. with five treasure bosses to rotate between, you can pretty much always have your money maxed out. These bosses will give you some pretty good armors and runes as well, although not that many of them. You'll also have to regularly check out the different weapon shops for rare items. particularly be aware of the guild hall, which can only be accessed by chris(in chapter 5) you'll want to go there at least once, because they have most of the custom armors you'll want for sale normally, which means once you check it out once, you'll have them for sale in budehuc.

rotating between treasure bosses is also a great way to level up. just going through the flame champion's hideaway once or twice should level up everyone into the late 50's, which is all you'll really need.

with regards to the pale gate rune, you can get a lot of them by returning repeatedly to the corpse, although there's only about a half dozen characters who can use it. you can also find fury runes from one of the corpses in mt. hei-tou, which is pretty useful if you didn't farm them in chapter 3 hugo. i generally check corpses in those two area while rotating between the treasure bosses.